XXI

Jordyn

I sat outside of the trap eating sunflower seeds and spitting them out.

I didn't have anything else to do for the night so I just decided to kick it here for a little while since Sekani was with Caine's mom.

I had a talk with him last night about his nightmares and he explained a lot to me that I didn't even know happened to him. It made me regret leaving him more than anything now.
I did to him exactly what my parents did to me.

I didn't know how to be a mother. I was so young and still learning and
every time I looked in his face all I saw was the man who took advantage of me.

Every. damn. time.

I loved my child, but that will always be a hard pill to swallow.

"What's going on in your head girl?" Demi said as she sat beside me.

"Just thinking bout how much shit has changed. Life is so damn crazy."

She nodded her head in response. "Remember when we first met?" she asked.

We both laughed as we reminisced on the times we had.

"I was so damn shy and let people walk over me. You told me if ion start fighting back you gone fight me."

We both laughed hard. I was a year older than Demi but she's always been the big sister. Baby girl was wise and I loved her for how she immediately loved me.

As we were still talking, Caine walked up and walked right past us as Tec & Drew gave us hugs.

"What's his problem?" Demi asked and both Tec and Drew looked at me.

"What did I do?"

Drew shrugged his shoulders and sat down. "I got love for both of y'all so i don't get into the drama, i just hope y'all fix it. y'all are made for each other."

"No he needs to get it together before I take him seriously again. I'm tired of the bullshit." I stepped off the porch and went to get in the car and leave. The last thing I wanted to do was deal with Caine and his fucked up attitude.

At this moment in time, it's fuck his feelings because when he was doing whatever he wanted he didn't even think about mine, not once.

The front door slammed and Caine was standing on the porch glaring at me.

"What bullshit lil bit? Cause you the only one fucking tripping right now if you ask me." He said as he folded his arms in front of him.

I stood up to get out of the car.