Chapter 1~ I am Yoona!

Hi! Author here! I just want to make something clear!

No, "Yoona" is not a Korean last name but, regardless, I chose to write the chapters as if Y/n's last name is Yoona. Why? Well, it's just because Yoona is and will always be the artist name Y/n uses throughout the story.

With that said, you can come up with any last and first name for Y/n! Anything is fine! Just keep in mind that Yoona is the artist name and also used as a way to refer to your last/family name!

.

YOUR POV

.

Y/n Yoona.
That name is a weird one, right?
Yeah it is... And I know that perfectly...
All I can say is that my name wasn't always like that...

I've always been passionate about music.
Music... A gateway for anyone to express themselves, with no limits.

Even if the world of music is wide and big enough for you to explore any type of styles and concepts, I've always been driven to go for the more "American" side of the industry, as people call it...
I am Korean, that's a fact and something I would never change about myself but... there's just something about Kpop itself that made me always try to distance myself from it...

It's not that I "hate Kpop", I love it, a whole lot.
I'm proud of how far it has come and it's honestly because of groups like SHINee and 2NE1 that I decided to follow this path and do my own thing!
I just really can't see myself on those standards...

Apart from everything I've experienced since I'm little, regarding music in general, nowadays I'm still really trying to find my own way to success.
I have a YouTube channel with thousands of subscribers, millions of views on my covers and even in the other silly videos I make...

But... I think what really made me create an audience since I started back then... Was the way I always presented myself.

A sleep mask. Pretty stupid, right?
I always cover my face (a part of it actually...) with a cute sleep mask I designed and made on my own...
Even tho I have shown my face in a bunch of videos, I always cover myself and I think it all started when I was younger.
When I was insecure about myself, when I really couldn't understand what do to in life... It all started when I was still really innocent and just wanted to try to figure out my own style and way of doing music...

And, not gonna lie, this is all definitely going somewhere!
Specially because of how many contact and people I got to know after my channel actually grew.
Many people started liking what I did in my channel and that feels like a blessing!

Today is the 13th March, 2019.
Today I'm taking a really big step in my life. I'm changing all of it with just one "small" thing...

I'm right now at the airport.
After these many years of studying in England, I'm coming back to Seoul.
Yes, I've been for a while in here, because of University and studying... I've got to know the place my mother always admired and to that I'm really grateful.