Chapter 3: Love's a Real Witch; the Borders Between Beings

Start from the beginning

He hadn't thought this thing through.

The Next Day

A new day had arrived at Youkai Academy, and Ben was just heading downstairs. He could see some of his dorm mates just waking up, and some of them had accidentally assumed their true forms. One had a pig's head, another guy looked like Two-Face from Batman, while another had an elongated neck. Shaking his head, Ben headed for the exit. He was thankful that his dorm room had a shower.

He walked out of the dorm building and took in his surroundings. "Still feels like I'm in the middle of a horror movie set." He chuckled, expecting a monster to jump out from the bushes and attack. Well, one monster in particular. Moka would definitely show up and give her one of her good morning kisses/bites.

He'd seen vampires in movies, and in full honesty, Moka was definitely not like them. Nowhere close to Gary Oldman's Dracula, Twilight's Edward, the Queen of the Damned Akasha, not even Jerry from that new Fright Night film. She wasn't undead, she didn't transform into some kind of hellbat monster like in Van Helsing, and she wasn't affected by sunlight. She did even get sun burnt. To Ben, she just looked like a hot and average girl with that girl-next-door charm.

Kurumu, of course, would throw herself at him and suffocate him with her breasts. 'Wouldn't be a bad way to die, though,' he grinned perversely.

Shaking his head, Ben continued on his way to school. To most people who'd heard the rumors, Ben was in truth a western monster who was ten feet tall, with red skin and four arms with the strength to match. They didn't know the Omnitrix and it would stay that way. Only Moka knew and Ben trusted her. Kurumu, or anyone else, well… he figured that the less people knew about the truth, the better. In retrospect, if he had been found out, he could probably go XLR8, and speed out of there, taking Moka with him. Though what to do afterwards… he sighed, knowing full well that the idea was an option, but he didn't know what Moka would do afterwards if she had known and didn't have anywhere else to go.

Whistling a tune, Ben walked through the gate, only to have Moka suddenly appear at his side. "And a good morning to you, Moka!" he greeted.

"Good morning, Ben," she smiled softly, twiddling her fingers together and asked shyly, "Um, may I…?"

Ben sighed. "Fine," he stopped walking and pulled down his collar, once again exposing his neck to her. "Breakfast is served." He'd grown used to Moka's habit of biting him in the morning and drinking his blood. Luckily, she didn't take more than she needed. He didn't want to pass out in the middle of school due to loss of blood, let alone die from it.

"Thank you," Moka beamed before leaping at him in a close embrace, and then biting. "CHU!"

Ben shivered. Was he turning into a masochist because the bites were starting to feel good rather than painful? After drinking her fill, Ben rubbed the spot she'd bitten. "Another hickey, huh?"

"Hickey?" Moka blinked, unfamiliar with the term.

"Oh, that means-"Ben began, before he was glomped from behind. The softness pressing against him gave away his attacker's identity. "Hi, Kurumu."

"Hello, sweetie," she purred. "So, about my offer…"

"No," Ben sighed. "I don't want to go to your room late at night, and sleep with you."

"Kurumu!" Moka scolded her for such a perverted suggestion.

"Phooey," Kurumu pouted, reluctantly detaching herself from Ben's back and walking in stride with Moka and Ben. "I'll get you eventually though. You can't fight fate."

"Watch me," Ben commented under his breath, "I fought worse fates than that one."

And she blew a raspberry as she taunted, "And don't try to deny it, Moka. I know you wanna get under the covers with Ben as well."