Chapter 10: Time Alone with the Stars; Pier Pressure pt.2

Uh hi there I am really sorry for not updating in a while but I got some good news Today is my Birth day now I am offically 14. How is that good news for u? Well I just got my own tablet( finnally) as a gift so I can update in a timely fashion now.

Chapter 10: Time Alone with the Stars; Pier Pressure pt.2

Elsewhere

Food Court

After a while of fuming to herself, Moka-sama had found the food court for the carnival, and immediately went to a beverage bar. Luckily for her, they had tomato juice, chilled to perfection. Purchasing at least five cans, she sat alone at a bench, drinking them slowly, as she looked at them in deep thought. At the moment, even though her pride had been a bit damaged, but in slight relief, she had separated from Ben. Though for some odd reason, she seemed rather… distressed about the situation.

She sighed, leaning forward on the table, rubbing her forehead, "What is wrong with me? It's not as if I care about him."

'Hey, why did you fight with Ben,' Outer Moka spoke out, as Moka-sama had the Rosario on her, which she held in her pocket, but was startled by it.

She nearly jumped out of her seat, as she looked at the Rosario, gulping, "Wha? Wait a minute!" But then she calmed down a bit, as she cocked an eyebrow, "Wait, now you can speak through the Rosario?"

"I guess since it works for you, it must work for me," Outer Moka responded, but then sternly lectured, 'But enough about that, why did you act that way towards Ben?'

"To remind him," Moka-sama answered, as she nonchalantly took a sip from her tomato juice, "I may have interest in his usage of the Omnitrix, as well as his courage and that he's taking care of me while I sleep, but that's all he's good for. No matter how hard he tries, no matter how much he believes we're friends, he will never win my heart." She took a huge gulp, until she placed the empty can down… and then looked a bit… lonely, "It's also safer for him to stay away from me."

"And may I ask why is that?" someone asked not too far from her, making her jump in her seat.

She looked over to her right, and saw someone sitting casually, sipping a cup of coffee. He appeared to be a Caucasian man, thirties, with short black hair combed back, with a somewhat British heritage to him. He was dressed in what appeared to be a white button up shirt, khaki brown vest, black tie, black pants, and dress brown shoes. Though the odd thing about him was that he also wore a white lab coat, and a pair of green lab goggles. The man looked like somebody from the 1950s, the era during the Cold War. He casually sipped a cup of coffee he purchased from the food booths, as well as looking at an old pocket watch. But from Moka's perspective or suspicions, he had suspicious written all over him.

However, Moka-sama was a bit annoyed at this, as she scowled, "It's none of your business."

"If it's about how you treated Ben, then don't worry about it," the man calmly replied, not intimidated about the anger radiating off her, "He's not the kind to hold a grudge against his friends, unless they betrayed him in some way." He smirked as he took a sip from his cup, "Though he hardly ever shows any resentment or grudges against you. Ever at all… Moka Bloodriver Akashiya."

The vampire girl, despite her calm demeanor, went bug eyed, as she turned around, "H-How do you know that name?"

Not turning to face her, the man simply chuckled, "There isn't anything I don't know about you, my dear. Let alone Benjamin." He finished his coffee, as he looked at the timepiece, "And if you're worried that if you've damaged what you have with him so far, don't be. I believe he'll receive a certain something to patch things up."