Chapter 18: Who's the Hero; Stand Alone... or Together

I really wanted to leave you guys with that cliff hanger for a couple more days but then I got 5 votes and one of my fans kept complaining about it( you know who you are) and I was like DA FUCKIN SHIT fine I will update but too can play at this game hehehehehe.

Chapter 18: Who's the Hero; Stand Alone... or Together

Security Committee HQ

The crowd was all gathered around Ben, as he was on his knees, his head hidden as it hung down. The realization that Kuyou had played him for a fool weighed down upon his shoulders. And what was worse, now everyone knew he was a human... including the others. The look of fright and defeat was worn upon Moka's face, as she lowered hers, hoping to hide her tears for her friend. But for Mizore and Kurumu, it was utter fear and shock. And if someone looked carefully... betrayal.

Kuyou announced to all in the room to hear, not even attempting to hide his vicious and prideful smirk, "Well, you heard it, straight from the horse's mouth. Mr. Tennyson has admitted his humanity to all of us. His true identity is that of what he is: our mortal enemy."

Not wanting to believe it, Kurumu's voice spoke up in a whisper, "No way."

"It can't be true," Mizore looked in terror.

Kuyou and the Security Committee all stood their ground, but Kuyou chuckled as he saw the despair that Tennyson had gotten himself into. Not only that, but Kuyou smiled on the fact that the boy was human, and that he would have the pleasure of taking his life. Not only that, but the club that this human belonged to would also be guilty of conspiring of hiding a human among them. And in so doing, they too would be executed. All in all, it was a win-win situation.

Ben looked around, after realizing the place was all smoke and mirrors, and it was his turn ot ask questions, "So all those mirrors and barriers you set up...?"

"Correct," Kuyou rubbed in, "This facility has barriers and illusion spells to allow our members to hide in plain sight. It wouldn't be so foolish of me to simply have only a handful of my members to be here with the likes of all of you." Just then, barriers broke all over the room, showcasing thousands and thousands of security members. "So even if you did or didn't reveal your true nature and attempted a pathetic stunt ot escape, you wouldn't have made out the front door," Kuyou explained.

"Ben, why'd you do that," Moka whimpered, hanging her head in shame, and trying to fight the urge to shed a tear. "Why did you tell them the truth?" Kurumu and Mizore heard that, and turned to the vampire girl as they heard her go on. "We were all getting along just fine. Why now? Why..."

SLAP!

Ben turned around as he heard that sharp slap being made. Kurumu had run up to Moka and slapped her fiercely across her face. Moka didn't flinch or even cry out in pain; all she did was sit there, and shamefully didn't look her friend in the eye. "You knew this all along," Kurumu hissed out angrily, not even looking at Ben as he stood up, "You lied to the whole school, you lied to the club, you lied to all of us."

"Kurumu, wait," Ben tried to reason with her. "If you want to blame someone, blame..."

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Kurumu shouted, almost hurt rather than betrayed.

Ben stopped in his tracks before he could reach out, and backed away. He heard a chuckle escape from Kuyou, as he gloated, "Well, what do you expect would happen, Tennyson. You only have yourself to blame on all this." He looked to his men, and ordered, "Miss Kurono and Miss Shirayuki are free to go. Place Akashiya in one of the special cells for her."

Ben went from stunned to angry, as he turned to Kuyou, and shouted, "What? I thought I was the one you wanted?"

"She knew about your secret beforehand; she just as guilty," Kuyou politely argued.