Chapter 3: Love's a Real Witch; the Borders Between Beings

Boys Dorm

Ben's Room

Ben was at his desk in his dorm bed room, writing a letter for his Grandpa Max, explaining to him about the events that had taken the first three weeks on campus. Not to mention the two girls that were now in his life, Moka Akashiya and Kurumu Kurono. However, this one would be the unedited version, as he would be sending another one to his parents. Though he would still mention of the friends that he had made; if he had ever come home and the girls had followed him there, he'd have to explain it in great detail. So this way, he could give them a heads up as to what to expect in the future. The problem was that he wasn't sure what to write about, and there was a lot to write about. After all, it wasn't everyday a kid who could change into over ten different aliens ended up in a school of monsters.

Tapping his pencil on his desk, he then started to write,

Dear Grandpa Max,

Thanks for telling me about Youkai Academy. You were able to get me ready for what I was going to face. And, thanks to the Omnitrix, I was able to hide my human status, just like you and Gwen said it would. I have to admit, a lot of stuff has been going on here. I've made some pretty good friends. They may be monsters, but they are good people. Their names are Moka Akashiya and Kurumu Kurono. Let's just say life isn't really dull with them around…

Ben continued to write, mostly about how he'd met both girls. He chuckled at how his parents, and Grandpa would react if they had ever met them.

The first official friend I made was, well… perhaps the cutest girl that's on campus, Moka Akashiya. To put her in terms, I think they would be, in a lack of a better set of words: the Perfect Girl. She's pretty, kind, thoughtful of others, sort of the Girl Next Door. That's one half of her, the other half is a calm and collected and classy lady. A warrior through and through, with a tough exterior, though just as hauntingly beautiful as the other side of her. Though she won't admit it, but she's got a big heart, and cares deeply about others. If only that prideful side of hers didn't get in the way. But the big thing about her, is that she's the only one on campus that knows my secret, and doesn't seem to care that I'm a human. Plus, she seems to have the hots… for my blood. Apparently, it's like catnip to her.

And then there's Kurumu Kurono, the second beauty queen of the whole academy, rivaling that of Moka. That, and she's the only girl with the biggest… assets there are. She may act seductive most of the time, but in honesty, she's pretty innocent, and deeply believes in love in all its purest forms. At first, I thought she was kind of pig-headed, but she's actually pretty kind-hearted. And she doesn't make it a secret in that she's got a massive crush on me. I should know, whenever she says hi to me every morning, she smothers me with her marshmallow chest.

It's been interesting to say the least but I'm dealing with it like a Tennyson. You'll be proud of me, Grandpa. Oh, and tell Gwen I said hi.

Hope you're both doing OK.

Ben stretched and tapped his pencil against his chin. "OK, now how am I gonna get this letter delivered?" Despite the fact that this school was up to date in computers and equipment, there wasn't a phoneline internet service, email, phoneline, not even postage mail at all. He even tried to use his cellphone to call home, but because of the barrier protecting the school, the signal couldn't get through. And in truth, he didn't know when they would get these things, or if there were ever going to be such a time when it would happen.