3

Hey everyone! The song I feel pretty is what I thought would have been perfect for this scene. Enjoy :)
____________________________________

"What are you thinking of wearing?" Josephine asked as she searched through her cluttered dresser.

"I was going to wear this," I said, gesturing to my skirt, "but it's dark and probably cold. I'll pick out a nice sweater and some jeans."

I turned around to stare at Josephine's choice of clothing. "You don't dress like that... sorority girl do you?" 

She stared down at the overall pants she was holding, frowning. "No, of course not. It's not my style. I was raised to think of myself respectively."

I smiled, already knowing that me and this girl were going to get along just fine. "My parents raised me the same way."

This caused Josephine to respond with a wide grin. "That's awesome! I really liked your parents- your dad though, he was a bit intense."

I shrugged. "He can be. He's just constantly worrying about me making something of myself. I fought so hard to get to this university and fought to focus on the one thing that matters: my career."

Josephine smiled. "What's your major?"

I jutted up my chin proudly. "Finances, of course. My parents told me the most important thing to think about when picking a major is wealth. My mother knows more about that. Her father was rich and put us in his will."

"Wow," Josephine laughed nervously, "that's insane. My parents aren't rich, but they believe in stability. That's why I decided to go into economics, as a matter of fact."

I clapped my hands excitedly. "I never thought I'd find someone who I had so much in common with. I'd like to think we'd be friends..."

Josephine smiled. "I thought we already were?"

I couldn't help myself. Without thinking, I jumped up, enveloping Josephine in a bone-crushing hug. I expected her to avert or push me away but it was the exact opposite. She hugged me back with even more enthusiasm. 

"Help me do my hair?" She asked.

"I'd be glad to," I responded, quickly rushing over to my toiletries.

I hope you are all enjoying the book. I'm having fun writing it :) please remember to leave a comment and vote if you'd like.