74

Hey everyone!! I pictured the dress Kristina picked out as the one Ariana wore to the awards. It's just so gorgeous!! Hope you have a good day <3
_________________________________________

Though we had debated on the subject for some time, I was surprised at how quick Hero gave in to going to the event. He was moody like some small child every time he texted or called me to update but was willing to participate.

We both knew how much of a hassle it would be to make his mother satisfied, so we agreed on Hero lying to his parents about taking another girl to the event and they had given him cash for us to buy outfits.

I hadn't received a text from either my mother or father which worried me, but I figured it was a sign that they didn't want to be a part of my life again. If I was lucky they were ghosting. It gave me time to think things over.

I was fortunate enough to have my classes in the morning before we headed to town to shop. I was surprised at how smart Hero was in terms of places to shop for dresses. He first took me to a vintage shop, asking the clerk to pick out some "flashy and extravagant" pieces.

He stood by idly, while I tried on all sorts of gowns ranging from maxi to cocktail dresses.

He nodded his approval at many dresses that I wouldn't be caught dead in. One cocktail dress went strapless and bared most of my back, which Hero told me he'd love to strip off of me during the event in secret.

Though I did want to impress him, I decided to throw it out. There was a chance I could have been sporting back acne and I didn't want to put them on display.

Another was a short skater dress that made me blush. It barely went over the knees and had a deep V-neck that made my breasts pop out. Again, Hero loved this one, but I wasn't about to take the bait.

It wasn't until I set my eyes on the most gorgeous ball gown I had ever set my eyes on. It had to be three-hundred dollars, max. It was like a silver waterfall, pooling to my knees in a poofy mess. It was strapless but covered me just enough that I didn't look indecent and they had satin gloves to match.

I needed it.

Once I stepped out of the dressing room with a wide smile, Hero raised an eyebrow, as if to ask: You sure about this one?

I nodded enthusiastically. "I definitely love this one, but we can't buy it."

"Why?" Hero asked.

I frowned. "I took a look at the price tag. It's two hundred even."

The clerk that had helped me appeared from behind a mannequin.

"My dear, I will tell you that you will regret it if you don't buy this dress. We only have this dress in stock once a year and it goes so well with your red hair."

"I don't care how much this is baby," Hero laughed. "I'm getting you the dress you want."

"What about your tux?" I asked worriedly.

Hero rolled his eyes. "I have it worked out. Don't worry about it."

As Hero handed his dollar bills over to the clerk, I noticed that she didn't seem affected by him at all like so many girls on campus. She leaned in and said,

"She's a stunner, mister, You better not mess it up."

And with a wink, she ran behind her counter.

The event was only a mere four-minute drive away from the campus dorms. My heart was in my chest the entire way there. I didn't get much warning about it except that there would be a bit of activity and dancing.