91

Hey everyone!! Hope you're having a wonderful day (: I had a hard time writing this... poor Jo is feeling lost <3
_________________________________________

"Oh, my dear, I'm so glad you called."

I pressed my phone to my ear as I listened to what was being said. 

"Of course, Ms. Horan. I canceled all my classes and work schedule so I could do this today."

Tawnee laughed. "Oh, don't greet me so formally. Please call me Tawnee. So, you have finished the submission form? There's no rush, of course."

"Yeah, finished it just this morning." I smiled. "I'm ready to get this started."

Well, then," Tawnee gasped, "I won't wait any longer- I'll fax you the address and we'll meet, say, at One O'clock sharp?"

"Sounds perfect."

"Great," Tawnee replied. "If you have any trouble getting down here, we'll find you a ride."

When our call had finally ended, Josephine sprawled across her bed, frowning. She had taken her day off as well to come with me to my new job. 

"So, you're really taking up the offer?" 

"Yeah, I am," I replied, laying out my Sailor dress and matching blue sandals, "It's the perfect opportunity."

"And it's probably your last week in the dorm..."

I looked back, seeing her picking at the cotton of her blanket.

"I'm sorry. I knew it was messed up to do after all those payments. I just thought moving into an apartment was the best choice."

"That's not why I'm upset." Josephine admitted, "We're not going to be seeing each other anymore. I mean, I knew this would happen, but not after three months..."

"Hey," I began, heading over to give her a hug, "That's just not true. The company isn't that far from the college. You can visit me on lunches or we can do double dates. We'll hang out soon."

"Not really," Josephine said under her breath. 

I raised an eyebrow. "What? What do you mean?"

"Now that we're back together, Niall is still taking me to Tahiti."

I nodded. "Are you nervous?"

Jo now sat up. "Of course I'm nervous... I... It'll be fun and all but I'm just worried. What if Niall decides to break it off again? I don't want this to be our last trip together."

I sighed. Yeah, I didn't think about that.

Though Niall seemed to be more sure of what he wanted, I really hoped he wasn't like Hero, constantly disappearing and coming back.

Josephine wouldn't be able to handle it. 

"It won't," I stated firmly. "I believe what he said yesterday. He really does love you."

Josephine smiled, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. "And you're sure that moving in with Hero won't backfire?"

I bit down on my lip, not wanting to think about it. I wanted to imagine we were one of those cheesy 80's couples, that realized they were made for each other, despite their different worlds. 

"This is the longest we've gone without a fight. When we talked, I felt like he really wanted to get his crap together."

"Good," Josephine replied. "He better. I suppose we should get some food in us before we start our day?"

I nodded, eyeing my dress. 

Later on, after we finished eating and headed to the co-ed bathrooms, we took Jo's car for the ten-minute drive.