Chapter Twenty Four

"I'm not looking for forgiveness.

And I am way past asking for permission...

if you wanna stand in our way...

We'll fight you too."

~*~*~*~

Leipzig/Halle Airport Parking Garage. Berlin, Germany. May 2016.

You all dispersed to gather your gear and find a secluded spot to change. You and Bucky had made your way to one of the attached stairwells. You pulled the Tactical Suit out of Bucky's go-bag. Underneath it was another jacket you didn't recognize. You pulled it out curiously. It was a large black jacket similar to your own with the left sleeve cut off.

"Hey, Sarge," you said. Bucky moved to your side; you handed him the jacket.

"What's this?" he asked, looking it over.

"Nat must have put it in there for you when she was grabbing our gear."

Bucky nodded, pulling at the fabric, "It has more give than the leather one I used to wear." He pulled off his maroon henley, leaving him in his skin-tight black muscle tank. You couldn't help but admire his form, especially his arms and hands. Bucky shook his head when he noticed you staring, "Gettin' a good look, doll?"

You ran your tongue across your teeth and raised one eyebrow with a smirk, "Uh-huh." You pulled your hair back into a ponytail nonchalantly.

He rolled his eyes and pulled on the jacket, "You're incorrigible."

You chuckled, "So I have been told." You shimmied your jeans down your legs, deciding to forgo the extra layer of clothing for a better range of movement. As you bent over to pull on the Tactical pants, Bucky's hand suddenly smacked your ass. You squealed, turning to stick your tongue out at him.

He shrugged and flashed you his signature smirk, "I had to do it."

Now it was your turn to roll your eyes, as you pulled the pants on. "And you say I'm incorrigible." He laughed.

You discarded your anorak and pulled on the Tactical jacket, zipping it up. You grabbed your Smith & Wesson and Sig, placing them in your thigh holsters. You didn't plan on using them against Tony and whoever else he roped into fighting with him, but you didn't know what awaited you in Siberia. You stuck extra magazines in your pants pockets and made sure your remaining taser disks were still in your jacket within easy reach. Just because you couldn't use your guns against Steve's former teammates, didn't mean you couldn't use your non-lethal weapons. You folded yours and Bucky's clothing and handed them to Bucky to pack in the go-bag.

You grabbed a Rubber Ducky out of your laptop bag and placed it in your front jacket pocket. Steve had reasoned that since Tony had the airport evacuated it was likely he already knew they had a helicopter chartered. He tasked you with hacking into the airport's mainframe to find an alternative form of transport. The Rubber Ducky would allow you to slip past the security protocols giving you unlimited access to the manifests.

You made sure everything else was packed away, but not before backing everything up on your computer to one of your multiple terabyte flash-drives. You would be leaving most of your gear behind in Clint's van, hoping to retrieve it once the threat in Siberia was neutralized. However, you wanted to be prepared just in case. Like before when the Triskelion was attacked, you activated your firewall and encryption program. You also set up everything to be erased from the hard drive after two failed password attempts before powering down the laptop.