Chapter Three

"Oh, when life gets hard, I send a prayer

For this cross I have to bear and this smile I'm forced to wear

And I'm no good, no good, can't you tell?

Oh, if I could cast a spell, I would send you straight to hell"

~*~*~*~

S.H.I.E.L.D. Triskelion. Early April 2014.

"All I'm saying is that Leia is more like Anakin than Luke is," you stated. "She has deep anger at the Empire for the suffering they bring. She gives absolutely no fucks if the galaxy accepts their rule because, come hell or high water, she will "bring peace and justice to her new Republic" whether they like it or not. Not only that but her leadership skills are unparalleled just like Anakin; she is one of the foremost leaders of the Rebellion at age 19. And did I mention she is the ultimate sassmaster? She has more Vader in her than Luke has in his pinky," she sipped her tea raising her eyebrows.

Your office mate groaned. Rey was used to these passionate tirades of yours by now. This one had been directed at a visiting staff member who made the mistake of trying to explain Star Wars to you after noticing your Princess Leia and Padme Amidala figurines. The visitor stammered making up an excuse to leave with his proverbial tail between his legs. You chuckled and continued to nurse your tea.

"You know, Y/N, I do believe you have scared off almost every eligible bachelor in this department who has tried to woo you," Rey laughed.

You shrugged your shoulders, "It's not my fault that I know more than they do." You laughed, "Plus, I am perfectly happy spending time alone. A relationship with a narcissistic cheater will do that to a person."

"Facts are facts," Rey said knowingly.

You turned your attention back to your monitors. Data from various S.H.I.E.L.D. teams were being analyzed simultaneously as well as your own data you gathered on a separate encrypted server. Old hacker habits died hard. You had stumbled upon some files in Russian regarding an operative or a program they referred to as "The Asset." It had intrigued you; you thought maybe it could be a lead to determine what exactly happened to your sister, Hunter. A notification dinged on your computer signaling the completion of an analysis on one of your programs, but before you could check, the PA system above your desk crackled to life.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, this is Steve Rogers."

You looked to Rey confused; she mirrored your expression. Last you had heard Captain America had gone rogue after the death of Director Fury.

"You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down and I think it's time you know the truth."