𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞.

» [ 505 ] «
-artic monkeys

0:11─〇───── 3:36

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

。゚゚・。・゚゚。

looked to his phone.

。゚゚・。・゚゚。

killua looked to his phone, the last known location of y/n. gon and killua stood in the exact spot, it was a dense forest in which you couldn't see much ahead of you except for trees. killua looked back down to his phone, double checking if they were in the right spot. 

"i think y/n's around here." gon put a hand to his forehead and squinted, trying to see if he could see any kind of clue. "we'll have to split up." killua said hastily. since they were deep into the night, it would be easier to rescue y/n but harder to find her. 

"yeah," gon looked around, "i'll go this way." he pointed to the left. killua nodded and headed the opposite way. it didn't matter if she was seven hours or 45 minutes away, he was going to save her.

killua ran around in what seemed like a circle and was starting to doubt if he was actually going find her. but in the thick forest, he could see the peek of something. killua got closer and it was a house.

he paused and called gon, once he picked up killua told gon he found the house and try and head his direction instead. he shoved his phone back into his pocket and got a bit closer. the house didn't have any kind of security system, but he couldn't be sure that it was y/n's home. 

killua was going to have to break in. he knew it was morally wrong, but he was an ex-assassin, there's much worse he could do. he hastily made way to the wall and snuck around. a window was slightly adjacent, so killua let himself in. 

once he was in, he placed the window back into its original position. the room seemed to be a study of some sort. killua glanced over the bookshelves and many of the books were about human anatomy. 

he placed an ear to the door, killua didn't hear any foot steps. he slowly opened the door, peering into the hall. nothing. he stepped out, trying to sneak around. the hallway had many doors. the house seemed small on the outside, but was rather spacious once inside.

just the hallway itself was a maze. it seemed as if killua had been walking in circles the whole time. a couple of feint screams could be heard, below him? he took a moment to try and identify the scream's location. killua instantaneously heard foot steps echoing through the hall.

 a cold sweat rushed over his body. he acted out in stress and went to the closest door to him. killua leaned against the door, pressing his ear as he heard the foot steps pass by him. he sighed in relief. killua looked to the room, which had a staircase right in the middle. 

another feint cry for help again rung. killua walked down the stairs, careful not to let his guard down. killua followed the sound of the screams, getting louder and louder with each step. every time he got closer, the more it sounded of y/n. 

and the more it sounded for her, he stepped more quickly. so quickly to the point he was running towards the sound of her voice. she had been banging on the door and crying, screaming at times. killua turned the knob to the door and y/n sat up more straight, taking her weight off the door. 

she thought her father was back, so she put her arms up to her face in defense and her eyes were shut closed. "y/n?" killua said, allowing the door to slowly open. y/n's eyes opened wide to be met with killua's indigo colored eyes. 

"killua!" she shouted in relief. she clung onto his legs, hugging them. she didn't want to let go of him now. killua bent down to her level and scooped her up into his arms. y/n sniffled and cuddled her head into his shoulder. "where are your parents?" he asked. 

"i'm not sure.." she mumbled back. the nails on the hand killua used to support y/n's back sharpened and she could feel it light poke at the skin. "do you want me to kill them?" killua asked, turning his head to her. 

she shook her head into his shoulder, y/n didn't want to kill them. they were her parents after all, she had some kind of attachment to them. a nauseous feeling rushed over y/n and thousands of thoughts rushed into her head. 

"you..can't. they are my parents after.." her voice trailed off and she was on the verge of tears again. killua nodded his head slowly, he didn't understand quite well, but he wasn't going to judge her choice. "let's go then." he looked to the front of him, either way was fine to him.

the goal was to save y/n after all. he ran up the stairs quietly, opening the door and gazing into the hallway. killua listened for footsteps and stepped out after a few seconds of silence. y/n guided him out the house and they left through a back door. 

y/n had ran away once so she knew the quickest way to get away. killua got back to the front of the forest and called gon. "yeah, come back front. yeah i found her. okay." he hung up and shoved the beetle shaped phone back into his pocket. 

y/n was standing next to killua, she smiled to him. "thank you." she said quietly and softly smiled. killua turned his head the other way, "it's nothing." a small tint of pink could be found on his face. y/n giggled, hugging killua from the side by his waist. 

"i-idiot!" killua shouted and pushed her off his waist. y/n giggled again, a bit harder this time. "don't be so stubborn!" y/n laughed. gon ran up to y/n, dragging out her name. y/n gave a small wave as gon tried to catch his breath in front of her. he grabbed her hands, 

。゚゚・。・゚゚。

"you're okay!" he cheered.

。゚゚・。・゚゚。