"Why can't your boss come here instead?"

"Look, you want food or not! Have fun starving without our help-"

The blonde man elbowed Lili in the arm, then scribbled something down on a piece of paper and showed it to her, scowling as he did.

Lili grumbled and looked up at Rin and Corinna. "Please help us and we'll help you."

Rin glanced over to Corinna. "What do you think?"

A smile spread across the young woman's lips. "I think we should listen to what they have to say."

After Rin quickly explained the situation to Sumit and Ivette, she left along with Corinna to follow Lili and the blonde man. They guided them across the marshy plains and over bogs until they eventually reached a three-story terraced house in the middle of the wet grasslands.

Lili climbed up the stairs to the porch then knocked on the front door five times. A moment later there was the sound of bolts and chains moving and the door creaked open. Standing in the archway was a woman in her fifties with brittle hair that was beginning to turn grey. Attached to her belt was the giant mole-rat mask. She motioned for all of them to come inside. Rin and Corinna gave each other a look of caution before hesitantly entering.

Though the outside of the house was dishevelled with paint dirty and peeling, roof tiles missing, and shutters almost falling off their hinges, the inside was surprisingly clean and well maintained. Every inch and corner was decorated and lavished in silks and other smooth materials in rich and vibrant colours.

The ground floor consisted of an open designed lounge, kitchen and dining room. Sat on the sofas in the lounge was a tall and broad middle-aged woman with an elaborately plaited hairstyle, a minotaur mask was attached to her belt. Seeing Corinna and Rin, she gave a warm smile and gussied up her hair.

Sat next to the minotaur mask woman was another woman who was in her late twenties with long dark hair and tan skin which Corinna recognised as the one who could transform into the banshee. The banshee woman gave little notice to Corinna and Rin as they walked in.

"Our leader is upstairs," explained Lili. "I will take you to her." She then turned to Rin. "You stay down here."

Rin was about to refuse but Corinna assured her that she would fine by herself.

Reluctant, Rin huffed and collapsed onto the empty sofa, arms crossed.

"This way." Lili motioned to the staircase and began walking up it with Corinna following close behind.

They made their way all the way up to the top floor where the attic had been converted into a large bedroom with a poster-bed adorned with silk scarves and other decorations. Candles and lanterns filled with wisps were scattered around the room, illuminating the place in a soft kaleidoscope of colours. On the other side of the room was a paper room divider where cast on it was a dark silhouette of a horned demon.

"The blonde is here," said Lili, making a quick bow for leaving the room.

Corinna glanced around the room, her fingers fidgeting with her hair as she wondered what she should be doing.

"Sit," growled a voice. It was deep and raspy, the same rumble of an earthquake yet hoarse like it could break at any moment.

Spotting a red armchair, Corinna quickly sat down on it, her back straight, keeping her posture immaculate.

After a pause, the silhouette moved and the fire demon appeared before the young woman. Its skin was like cracked and molten earth with veins of fire streaming through it. Draping its body was a long piece of lilac material which the rest of its group had been wearing matching uniforms of that colour. Silver rings and jewellery hung around the demon's horns, tinkling with every lumbering step it took. Covering its face was a black veil where a set of white eyes burned behind it. They settled upon Corinna, looking her up and down. Finishing its examination, the demon sat down on the loveseat before Corinna, legs crossed and arms resting on the back of the seat, lounging. It whipped out a large paper fan and wafted it.