fake tales of san francisco

its the night of jason's gig and i text nicki just to make sure were still going together. he confirms and i get ready by taking a nice hot shower with music on of course. im wearing my doc martins and a black and yellow plaid skirt with a white blouse and black beret.

i say good bye to alexis who is practicing her cheer things and head over to nicki's dorm. he texts me when timmy isn't home and i walk even faster to his dorm, i let myself in because the doors unlocked and shout that its me. i head to the fridge to have myself a beer and sit on the couch. it smells like weed but its normal.

after a couple of minutes nicki comes out just barely putting his sweatshirt exposing his bare stomach for a minute. his hair is wet, saying that he just took a shower. he looks at me and smiles and i smile back.

'hey rori, how are you?' nicki says giving me a winning smile as he goes into the kitchen to get me another beer.

'im alright nicki, how are you?' i say as he hands me the beer and a puff. nicki knows just what i need, he knows right now i just want to let go of everything and not worry about anything. nicki knows me so well.

'im fine, are you ready?' i take a couple hits and then pass it to him. i finish my beer and then get up to throw the bottles away.

'yeah, im so ready. are they good, do you know?' i ask him curious.

'yeah colin told me the put on a live performance' i walk into the living room and start to get my things and nicki gives me the puff.

'thats good, im excited' i smile and take hits before opening the door, with nicki trailing behind me.

we go to his car which is a black mercedes. nicki's 16 already so he one of the only people who has a car in the group, other than timothee and alexis.

'is colin going?' i ask as i start to feel a buzz from the alcohol.

'he told me he might show up so probably' oh colin and his not giving a direct answer.

colin and i went to middle school together and he's always been like that, hes never just said yes or no its always maybe or i might.

'nicki are you ever going to look for a girlfriend?' i ask looking at him to see his brows scrunch up. i really do wished nicki would find someone, i think hes matured enough to have a girlfriend.

'hmm i dont know aurora, i havent found that girl who i feel gives me what i felt for you. i honestly dont know if i ever will' he tells me saying it very low. i dont know what but i felt the urge to touch his hand. so i touched his arm and smiled sadly.

'nicki dont give up hope just yet' and with that i turned up the radio and we drove to the show.

'oh and by the way timothee is going' he says with smile at my shocked face. oh brother here we go again.

~

we arrive at the the cafe and the parking lot is almost packed.

its dark already and i can hear a rock song playing in the cafe. theres many people trying to get in but it is very crowded.

we enter and manage to push our way closer to the front, with just two people in between us and the stage. jason looks at me from the right of the stage as he adjusts his mic and gives me a wink, ayo wtf i think as i smile back at him.

jasons wearing a dark green crewneck with the words nirvana in a faded gray color and light wash jean paired with white chucks. the lead singer is wearing a graphic tee and light wash jeans as well paired with nike blazer  . the drummer is wearing a white muscle tee and dark blue jeans paired with retro high satin black toe jordan 1's.

the cafe is big, it has high ceilings and is very spacious, so there is a stage for them in corner of the it, its not very big but it does give the band plenty of room for instruments.

'this is a song by one of my idols alex turner' the lead singer says, as the drumer starts the iconic fake tales of san francisco and then the guitar comes in.

the lead singer is pretty he good he has a deeper voice than alex turner which makes the song better for some reason. the song is slow and then it speeds up after they sing the chorus a second time. jason goes crazy on the guitar and the crowd goes wild.

i start shaking my head violently and everybody cheers as the lead sings 'get off the bandwagon and put down the handbook yeah, yeah, yeah'

all three of them start yelling it and jason sweats as hes strumming the guitar and tries to yell the words as well into the microphone. jason looks so into his guitar like its making him feel alive the more he plays the song. everybody is entranced by the music and feels electrified by the guitar and drums.

as they yell the last verse they all stop playing and you can hear them breathing heavily. everybody cheers screaming 'yoos' and yeahs'. i am so shocked by how amazing they did, arctic monkeys is on of my favorite bands so.

'thank you' the lead singer says smiling at the crowd satisfied with his performance.

'hey guys' i hear from behind me and its ella and colin. i smile and hug ella as colin dabs up nicki.

'hey you got here just in time els' i say and she stands in between nick and i with colin next to her and nicki.

the band starts to play a song im not familiar with. the lead singer starts singing and then jason comes in with a mellow beat. its a love song with a mellow drums and guitar.

everybody sways in the crowd and jason steals a glance at me and smiles, he can see im enjoying the show, this flirting is really making my stomach flutter.

thats when i feel him staring at me and from the corner of my eye i see him in the front across from me. timothee is glaring at me, his expression blank like he's studying me. those green-blue eyes i get lost in look vacant yet hungry. there's this sudden feeling inside me like i need to be near him. its as if were alone looking at each other waiting for the other one to approach.

i feel ella tug my arm to get my attention and i snap back to reality. i turn to look at her trying not to show what i was feeling a second ago.

'hey you think jason likes you' she says smiling and i roll my eyes and smile.

'yes but i dont know about him els, im still not over timothee' i say looking down.

the band plays 2 more songs and its the last song that i feel someone grab my hand and pull me out of the crowd.

i turn to see its timothee giving me a mischievous grin pulling me to the bathroom.

✨✨

sorry this chapter took 5ever to come out but get ready bc the next one is going to be super steamy ;)
however i hope you enjoyed this one i might make more steamy ones in the first book but idk yet.

xoxo