Year 6-14 | Astronomy Tower

Start from the beginning

"Well done Draco," Bellatrix said circling around him. Her smirk turned into a frown when she noticed me.

"Evelyn Clermont," She spat my name with disgust, "came to witness the death of Dumbledore."

"You'll lose Bellatrix," I muttered not backing down.

"And why is that?" She asked in a high pitched baby-like voice.

"Because we have something that you-know-who doesn't."

"And that being?"

"A nose, stupefy!" I quickly pulled out my wand successfully throwing Bellatrix back. The other death eaters were throwing spells at me aggressively. I deflected all the spells pulling Draco away from the death eaters and towards the door. I need to alert the order about this.

"Expelliarmus!" Draco shouted with his wand pointed towards me. My wand flew out of my hand and into Draco's hand. I snapped my head towards him surprised, he had so much guilt in his face and looked away.

"How dare you!" Bellatrix shouted stomping up towards me with her wand.

"Come on! Let's go. We don't have much time," Draco spat just before Bellatrix could curse me before storming out of the room.

"Come on, you heard him," Bellatrix said grabbing me by my hair and walking out the room following Draco. I didn't struggle against her, I was wandless. This would be a death wish if I did. The corridors were dark filled with Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder, the same one Harry used on the train. Because the powder, which I'm guessing Draco used before I got out the room, no one was able to see us. Instead of going to his office, Bellatrix dragged me up towards the Astronomy tower.

"Expelliarmus!" Draco shouted disarming Dumbledore just as we started walking up the stairs. Dumbledore, he was back. That means Harry's back, is he here? No, please tell me you're here Harry, please tell me you came back.

"Very good. Very good. You're not alone. There are others. How?" Dumbledore asked still remaining calm. He really is the greatest wizard, only he could stay calm in this situation, a clear death.

"The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement. I've been mending it."

"Let me guess, it has a sister."

"A twin. In Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage," Draco replied. I should've known, I should've known. I was so close to figuring it out, the feather on his suit, his constant visit to the room of requirements, I should've known. I could've prevented all of this but I didn't.

"Ingenious. Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you," Dumbledore replied.

"I don't want your help. Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you. Or he's gonna kill her," Draco said with his voice shaking just as we made it up to the very top. My life was on the line, he was threatened with my life. I understand now, that's why he wanted me to leave so desperately. Oh, how could I be so stupid? I would die for Dumbledore in a heartbeat, for Harry. I started to struggle against Bellatrix's grip as she pointed her wand to my neck.

"Well, look what we have here. Well done, Draco," Bellatrix muttered pulling me up into the astronomy tower.

"Good evening, Bellatrix. I think introductions are in order, don't you?" Dumbledore replied eyeing me.

"Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're on a bit of tight schedule. Do it!" Bellatrix spat pulling me towards Draco.

"He doesn't have the stomach. Just like his father. Let me finish him in my own way." Fenrir Greyback muttered.