chapter twelve

Hours later, Ophelia and the boys were still talking. Empty mugs and plates were scattered across the table they sat at, but they didn't care. Their main focus was on each other.

"Ok. So in the car on the way here I was thinking..."

"A dangerous pastime," Louis joked, subconsciously leaning even closer to Ophelia's spot across the table from him on Niall's lap. When they first sat down, she had had her own seat. However, as the hours ticked by she ended up closer and closer to Niall until she was completely on top of him. He didn't mind in the slightest, eyes closed and head resting on her shoulder. 

Ophelia flipped Louis off before continuing, "As I was saying. I was thinking that I don't want insider information."

"What do you mean?" Questioned Zayn, confused what his little soulmate was asking for.

"I still wanna have a normal fan experience... at least as normal as I can get being your soulmate." Ophelia elaborated to the soulmate to her right.

"That's manageable. I don't know if you've heard, but we're exceptionally good at keeping secrets." Harry joked dryly.

Ophelia snorted in response. At least they had a sense of humor about the mistreatment they went through.

"Yeah. Like if it's very important or if you need support, I obviously want to know... but like... I don't know. It's just important to me. The surprise aspect of being your fan."

"Ok deal. We won't spoil anything." Liam agreed, the others nodding as well.

"Perfect." Ophelia smiled widely, content with how the day has gone so far.

"How did you become a fan, anyway? I didn't think that many Americans watched X-Factor back then..." Liam questioned. It was true. Most of their American fans joined after the X-Factor when they were already signed and doing press tours for their new album.

"My babysitter when I was younger was this little old lady who was in love with Sat- Simon, so whenever I went to her house she would have it on and we would eat cookies."

"I'm sorry what were you about to call Simon?" Niall asks, squeezing her sides.

"... Satan Cowbell," she admitted. It was her favorite nickname for the producer. What can she say? It was accurate.

At that, they all started laughing, Harry's being the loudest.

"It's just something the fans started calling him a few years ago." Ophelia expanded, "I'm genuinely surprised you guys haven't noticed. Though you never come on social media so..."

"Fair enough." Louis chuckled, reaching across the table to take a hold of her free hand. That's a great name for him."

Blushing at the praise and the contact, all Ophelia could manage was, "Yeah, I thought so too."

"Anything else?"

Ophelia thought for a moment, "Um, I'm a Twitch streamer and a YouTuber? I'm pretty popular. I try to stream at least once or twice a week, so that's important for you guys to know..."

"That seems like a lot of fun! What do you do?" Liam asked. 

"I play video games. I'm a variety streamer, but my main game is Minecraft. I just mess around on it with my friends."

"Minecraft? Like those two guys that I've seen everyone comparing H and I with whenever I go online? What are their names?" Louis trailed off, cocking his head to the side in deep thought. 

"Dream and George?"

"Yes! Like them?"

"Yeah... um... They are actually my friends, believe it or not. I grew up with Dream. Before I moved to Boston with Chris and Diana I lived in Florida. Us three and our other friend Sapnap are this group called 'The Dream Team'."