chapter three

Ophelia rolled over and turned her blaring alarm off. As quickly as she could she checked her Twitter notification from overnight. There were a bunch from her friends but none from Harry. 

'Well maybe he hasn't woken up yet,' she thought, 'Or maybe he is busy right now.'

She sighed and got out of bed. Going about her morning routine was hard with all the conflicting emotions she was feeling, but she had to get going, or else she would be late to online school.

'Or maybe it really was only a dream.' She didn't want to think about that though. Deep down, she was holding out hope for it to be true.

Once she was dressed, she went downstairs. Diana was already up and cooking breakfast for the family. Ophelia served herself up some of the special surprise pancakes and nodded a good morning to her sister. 

"So?" Diana questioned Ophelia, excited to get all the details about her soulmates.

"Hm?" She managed to get out through a mouthful of pancakes and syrup.

"How was last night? Did the dream..." Diana trailed off as she saw her baby sister's face fall and reached across the table, gripping Ophelia's hand in her own.

"That's okay. You never know. Maybe they haven't turned 18 yet sweetheart."

"No that's not it. I had a dream... But the people in it are famous and there is no way I could ever be theirs. I think it was just a regular dream, not the link dream."

"Chris is famous and I'm his soulmate. Timmy and Tom are too, but that doesn't stop them from loving Cass, Lia... And it's not like you are some random nobody like Cass and I were. You're successful in your own right with YouTube and Twitch. Why wouldn't you be their soulmate, whoever they are? You're amazing sweetie, anyone would be lucky to have you."

"Maybe... Or maybe I am just a glitch in the system. Maybe everyone is right about me. I don't have soulmates, just a marked-up body."

"Lia, you and I both know that that isn't true. You have five wonderful people waiting to meet you. So what if this was a normal dream and you have to wait a bit longer. You have the rest of your life, honey."

"Yeah, I guess," Ophelia muttered as she rubbed her eyes, trying to stop the tears from falling. "I have to get going. The pancakes were great, Di."

Ophelia grabbed her bottle of water and headed back upstairs to sign in to her first class. Stupid online school.

--

Throughout the day, Ophelia became increasingly annoyed with the people in her classes. What seemed like every few seconds she got a text or a DM from someone in her school asking about her dream. Random people she doesn't even remember knowing were suddenly so interested in her and her dream and her five soulmarks. 

And she couldn't even complain to Dream, Sapnap, or George about it either. They were all asleep still, and would not be waking up for a while. 

Ophelia stuck with messaging Ranboo about it and shit-posting on her alt twitter account, promising a stream at 6 EST later that day. 

As she was scrolling through twitter, every once and a while she would check Harry's account, hoping that maybe she just didn't get a notification. 

That was not the case. Harry had yet to make an appearance on the app. In fact, none of her supposed soulmates had. Considering this proof enough that it was a fake dream, Ophelia decided to ty and put it behind her completely. No sense dwelling on things that weren't meant to be. So she powered down her phone and focused on her teachers for the first time all year.

When her last class ended and she finished the busy work that her teachers had assigned, she joined a VC with Dream. 

"Hey, shit-face. What's up?"

"Ophelia! Nothing... Just editing right now. How was school?" Dream's voice came through her headphones, relaxing her almost instantly. Dream was essentially her older brother and one of her best friends. He just had that calming affect on her. She leaned back in her chair and rested her feet on her desk, staring up at the ceiling as she played with a ballpoint pen. 

"Annoying. There's just no point in it, especially this year."

Dream chuckled, "Can't argue with that... What about your birthday? Your soul-dream go well?"

"Oh my god! I had this trippy dream where the guys from One Direction claimed to be my soulmates! It was so vivid too..." Ophelia trailed off, shaking her head in disbelief. It was a ridiculous notion. She had no idea how she even fell for it, even if it was just for a second. 

"You sure it isn't real, Lia? Your marks would match up."

"No way. They've explicitly stated many times that they were all markless. As rare as that is, all five of them having the same soulmate would be even more outlandish. Either way, I told the Harry in my dream to tweet something and he hasn't so..." Ophelia explained, clicking the ballpoint pen rhythmically. 

"Hey, aren't you the one who gave me a whole speech... 'Clay, I have no idea how you are dumb enough to not realize that you and George are soulmates! Seriously! Your initials literally match up! Your third probably just isn't eighteen yet!'" Dream raised his voice mockingly.

"The difference of that and this situation is that you and George have quite literally been in love for the last three years or so... It was getting annoying hearing you whine and whine all day about how much you love him. Seriously, you got way too comfortable with telling me everything, dude. And for me," Ophelia interrupted herself with a scoff, "I barely know these guys! Sure, I'm a fan of their work. But that is all I am! The initials matching up is just a coincidence. They are markless, as they have said countless times before."

Dream hummed in agreement, "If you're sure." The clicking noise of his keyboard faint in the background. 

"I am. It makes logical sense." Dream scoffed in response. 

"Clay?"

"Yeah?"

"Join my stream tonight?"

--

When Ophelia wrapped up her stream it was 8, but she decided to hang out with Ranboo on VC during his stream. During that time, she completely stayed off her phone. 

That's why, as she was climbing into bed at 11 p.m. that night, it came as a complete surprise to see the notification from a few hours previous sitting there unopened. She logged into her twitter and saw:
________________________________________

Harry Styles.
@  Harry_Styles

Purple.

9:35 PM | 3/26/21
113K Retweets | 54K Quote Tweets | 583K Likes
________________________________________

Nova ✓
@   novaxx

oh. 

11:23 PM | 3/26/21
10/9K Retweets | 3,800 Quote Tweets | 294K Likes

________________________________________

~~~~~

Ophelia's 'name' to the public is Nova, much like Dream is Dream's and Ranboo is Ranboo's. They do not know her as Ophelia. This is for privacy reasons for her. 

Harry would not notice her tweet. Even if she had replied to him, which she didn't (she just subtweeted him), he would be looking for someone with a pfp that looks like Ophelia or someone with a name that starts with 'O'. not a Nove who is a faceless streamer. 

Thoughts?
Suggestions?

Predictions?

Hope you all enjoyed!!! Love you!! xx