chapter eight

Opening her eyes slowly, Ophelia glanced around her room, grimacing at the light shining through the window. Her face was crusty with leftover makeup from the previous night that she had ignored in her panic. 

All Ophelia ever wanted in life was her soulmates. Ever since her mother passed away all those years ago, she has felt inexplicably alone. Not even her sisters and their soulmates could fill the gap in her heart. The only two people that even came close were Dream and Ranboo. They were her best friends, her brothers. The two people in her life she could trust without fear. She could read their minds and they could read hers. They were on the exact same wavelength. It was why they made such good teams, especially when it came to Twitch or YouTube. 

Despite these bonds, she still felt empty inside. She used to think that once she turned 18 and had her soul dream that everything in her life would sort itself out.

That idea came to a halting stop as soon as she turned around during that first dream. That's not saying she didn't love her soulmates. Because she did. With everything in her.

She just wanted a chance at a normal life. As normal as her life could be as one of the most popular YouTubers in the world, at least. 

She should have expected it. Their initials matched. Her family had a knack for having famous soulmates. Everything pointed in that direction.

Groaning, she got up and went to her mirror. As she wiped off the mascara making her look like a puffy-eyed raccoon, she thought about her boys and everything that happened the previous night. Did they really think she wouldn't be able to handle their lives? Did they have that little faith in her? Sure they had never met and they didn't know her full backstory, but they should know that soulmates are 'assigned' for a reason. Right?

--

Going downstairs today was even harder than yesterday. All she wanted was to go back to bed, curl up, and die. That could not happen, however. She needed to eat and get water. She was expected to be on Quackity's and Karl's streams today, and she needed to have energy and be in the right mindset for them. 

When she walked down the stairs in the apartment, she entered the kitchen. Sitting alone at the kitchen table, likely waiting for her, was Diana. Ophelia looked around for her nieces and nephews, trying to find a way out of the conversation ahead of her.

Her luck ran cold, as Diana stated, "Chris took the kids to his mother's for a long weekend... I was hoping we could have a sisters day. I have appointments for this new spa and we can go to some fancy coffee place-"

Ophelia interrupted her as she moved to get cereal for herself. "I can't... I have stream."

"I messaged Clay to tell your friends that you couldn't make it because of a family emergency. We need this day, Lia."

"You have no right to do that!" She exclaimed as she placed the milk onto the counter.

"Well, I did. Might as well get a massage out of it." When Ophelia stayed silent, glaring at her bowl full of dry cereal, Diana continued. "You don't even have to talk about it. Not if you don't want to. I just thought a sisters day out could be fun. We haven't had one in a while! Not since your birthday, when Cass was here!"

"Why should I?" Ophelia paused, glaring at her sister. Even though she and the boys were not on the best footing right now, she wouldn't stand for anyone talking badly about them. "Go and listen to you bad-mouth my soulmates for a few hours? Yeah, no thanks." Scoffing, Ophelia grabbed her bowl of cereal and started to head to her room, content to spend the rest of her life there.

"Well too bad. Maybe you would have liked my plan for you to meet them but... nevermind." Diana sighed and pulled out her phone to play with it.

Hearing this, Ophelia paused. What possible plan could she have? After a few beats of silence, she finally turned around and exclaimed, "Okay, fine. I'll bite. What's your spectacular plan?"

"Okay so..."

--

Ophelia had to admit, it wasn't a bad plan. Not in the slightest. She could see it working out on the condition of her being able to communicate it with the boys, which would obviously be a challenge. The curse of the dreams may block her from bringing them in on the plan fully. She would have to find a way around the blocking of information.

After Diana shared the plan, Ophelia agreed to go out with her. Deep down, she knew she had over-reacted this morning. She should have listened to Diana, who always seems to know what's best for her, something she had developed over the years after taking guardianship.

Hours, a deep tissue massage, and a mani-pedi later, Ophelia was feeling refreshed and ready for the new chapter of her life coming up. She and Diana had spent almost the entire time trying to develop the plan and account for any hiccups.

After getting home, Ophelia finished her homework before heading over to Ranboo's apartment, set to make amends with the sandy-haired boy.

As soon as he opened the door, she launched himself into his arms. Not expecting the full-body assault, Ranboo froze, his hands still at his sides. Ophelia took this moment of shock to apologize. "I'm sorry for over-reacting last night and- and not letting you speak. I know you only want what's best for me and I value your opinion. I-"

Ranboo interrupted her ramblings by wrapping his arms around her and squeezing back just as tightly.

"Hey, hey. It's alright. It was all of our faults really. What you needed then was support, not concern and doubt." Ophelia buried her face in his neck, seeking out the comfort her best friend was giving her.

"We should probably go inside." At this, Ophelia grumbled. She didn't want to move. "C'mon lazy bones. You can join my stream. Then later you can teach me all about One Direction. I'll need to know what you're getting yourself into. What's that one guy's name? Zack?"

Pulling away, she swatted at his chest. "Zayn, Drew. It's not that hard to remember. Seriously, you would think-"

"There's the fire-cracker I know and love." Ophelia huffed and rolled her eyes in response before grabbing his hand and heading up to his bedroom.

Ophelia ended up staying the night at Ranboo's apartment. After hours of streaming, watching shitty horror movies, gorging herself on strawberry ice cream, and discussing the plan, she had fallen asleep curled up in his bed.

Her last thought before succumbing to the darkness was happiness that everything was set right again, and excitement to relay the plan to the boys.

--

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Question: What do you think the plan is? Do you think it will work?

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Predictions?

Love you all the absolute most!! xx