8.5 months in

I'm mostly blocked to my home unit (general pediatrics). the patients are a lot less sick here but i don't mind it. the only hard part for me is the psych patients. I am not a psych nurse...i feel I was not properly trained on how to handle some of these situations. It's crazy to think this winter I'll hit my one year anniversary of working here. 

since i moved to an apartment this month, i know i'll be working here at least another year. I'm happy that staff are allowed to do internal transfers. Our facility is on a hiring freeze so at first I wasn't entirely sure if it was even possible.

i am able to be a nurse which is something I doubted in the past. My old employer made me feel I didn't have the cognitive ability to do so. This issue was really the staffing. Once that was fixed (moving to my new place of work) I was able to learn and thrive. I still have hard days and sometimes I do get depressed bc I hate my job. I really do still hate it. But I think that's because I hate acute care nursing. I realize I don't have to do this for my entire career and once i get enough experience, I'm excited to explore what else is out there for me.

Almost 3/4 of the way there!!

<3

Annie 💜