Chapter 34: The last dream.

Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it.

Flannery O' Connor, Wise Blood

Anne opens her eyes and finds that her surrounding has changed

Anne opens her eyes and finds that her surrounding has changed. She looks down at herself and notices that she is dressed as a seven-year-old Sarah. She is standing by a river and sees little Jacob, watching her from behind a tree.

Splat...

Splat...

'What is that sound..?'

The scene around her shifts.

Anne is holding a red flower in her hand and she extends it towards a blushing seven-year-old Jacob.

Splat...

Splat...

'What is happening..?'

The scene shifts again.

Anne is now a ten-year-old Sarah. She is holding a bucket and Jacob is sitting on a large rock swinging his legs. She splashes water on him and he starts chasing after her. Anne feels happy.

Splat...

Splat...

Her surrounding changes again.

Anne is now dressed as a sixteen-year-old Sarah. She is screaming and crying, as Jacob gets mauled by wolves in front of her eyes.

'JACOB!'

The scene blurs and focuses again. Now she is being held close by an injured Jacob, who kisses her forehead gently.

Splat...

Splat...

The scene shifts again.

Anne is standing below the old oak tree. Jacob holds her close and kisses her for the very first time.

Splat...

Splat...

Her vision blurs again but focuses back on the same place. But now Anne is being hugged tightly by a very excited and happy Jacob. Crystals dangling around both of their necks.

Splat...

Splat...

She feels her body getting cold and the scene shifts once again.

Anne is lying on the floor of a dark room. A worried-looking Jacob looks down at her and her eyes move to his chest, where she notices a Triskelion mark.