Chapter 33: Revelation

“Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.”

Aristotle

(PRESENT) MONDAY 7 P

(PRESENT) MONDAY 7 P.M.

Jake's phone vibrates with an incoming call from 'Uncle Luke'. He picks it up, "Jacob, Anne is in danger-" Before Luke could finish his sentence, the phone slips from Jake's hand and he clutches his chest tightly. His mark throbs in pain and he feels a sudden rush of panic and fear from Anne. Composing himself, he picks his phone up.

"Jacob?!"

"Jacob?! Are you there?"

"Uncle, something is wrong," Jake says in a trembling voice.

"Go to the bakery. I'll meet you there."
With that Luke hangs up the phone.

"With that Luke hangs up the phone

Graham's Bakery

"What is wrong with Anne? She was never this careless before," Sam grumbles, while picking up the cake mess off the floor. A strong waft of wind enters the bakery and startled he drops the cake again.

"What the-" Before he could finish, Jake interrupts him, "Where's Anne?"

Fear engulfs Sam when he notices Jake's glowing silver eyes and stutteringly, he asks, "Wh-who are you?"

"Where's Anne?" Jake repeats forcefully, his patience running thin.

"I d-don't know. Sh-she wasn't here when I came out of the storage," Sam stutters again in panic.

Closing his eyes, Jake focus on his surroundings and a distinct scent of fresh blood catches his attention. Before Sam could even blink, Jake vanishes from his sight and scared out of his mind, he faints.

Jake rushes out of the back door and notices Patty's body lying on the ground. He rushes towards her and checks for any sign of injury.

"Jake?" Luke says, appearing behind him.

"She is dead," he answers, referring to Patty.

"I have to find Anne," saying, he is about to leave when Luke stops him, "Jacob! Anne is kidnapped. It's Aldous. He is behind all of this..."