a sweet date

the day after the license exam, we were told that bakugo and midoriya were put on house arrest for a few days because they were fighting like a couple of morons. after the test, i had texted hitoshi about how venom and i passed it, along with our entire class except for two people, and he congratulated us.

i asked him if he wanted to come visit me and mom, today, but he declined, saying he was visiting his own parents. after asking him to say hello to them for me, i went out to go get some flowers for mom.

when she was alive, her favorite flowers had been chrysanthemums. when i learned what they meant, it confused me, but she had said that it was like a reminder to her that we're all here for a limited time, and to live it to the fullest one can. so, i brought the beautiful flowers almost every time i came. she also liked carnations, but the white flowers were her favorite above all.

"hi, mom. been a hot minute, hasn't it?" i ask, sitting before the grave and placing the flowers in a vase on the side of it. i give a quick prayer and then burn some of the incense. sighing, i trace the all-too familiar script on the headstone. but instead of crying like i had last time, i smile widely.

"guess what? we took the licensing exam yesterday! we can officially help people in dire situations, now! we had to fight other contestants, though, and we 'rescued' a few people. oh, and then we fought gang orca for, like, ten seconds!" i ramble, venom popping up on my shoulder and giving his own input.

"one of the people we fought tried flirting with rinnie, and it was so weird! there was another guy that winked at her, too, and jesus, he was more bipolar than a baby at times."

i chuckle, taking out the license and turning it to face the headstone as if showing mom.

"i hope you're proud, mommy. i'm becoming a hero, just like you wanted. one day, i'm gonna be the hero you want me to be. i can't wait to see you again and hear all you have to say about what i've been doing. but i will, because i know you don't want me to join you just yet. please wait for me, mommy. i can't wait to introduce you to kyoka, either, you'll love her. oh, crap, i just remembered that i'll have to introduce her to the shinso's, too..."

"scatter brain."

"parasite."

retracting my hand, i close my eyes and picture my mother in my mind.

her hair. her smile. her eyes. her dimples. her freckles. her hugs. her voice. her laughter. just her.

"i miss you, mommy..." i whisper, smiling sadly. but i pull away before i get too emotional, breathing deeply to stop myself from crying. i whisper a goodbye to the grave, leaving the cemetery and heading back towards the dorms.

hey, now that i think about it, you and kyoka haven't gone on a date in awhile

i stop for a moment, nodding, but then i grin. hurrying back to the dorms, i head straight to kyoka's room, knowing she'd still be there at this time, and i knock loud enough for her to hear if she has headphones in.

a few seconds later, the door opens and i grin at my girlfriend, who returns it with a confused smile.

"what's up?"

"wanna go out, today?"

her eyes go wide, face flushing red, but then she nods. she heads back inside, grabbing a few things, before we both head to my room so i can grab my money and shit. once we're both ready, we leave the dorms and excitedly head out.

"so, where should we go?" i ask, turning to her, and she looks down in thought.

but then her face flushes again, and she sends me a shy look.