a sense of normalcy

after school, everyone went right to the newly built dorms. kyoka stands at my side, her arm linked with mine as we listen to aizawa up front.

"for now, i'm just glad that we were able to bring class 1–a back together again."

"everyone was allowed to enter the dorms, huh?" sero asks enthusiastically.

"i had a hard time!"

"that's normal..." kyoka says to the invisible girl, scratching her cheek cutely.

"the two of you were directly affected by the gas."

"we were all able to be together again because of the teachers. when i watched the press conference, i thought we'd lose them, and it made me sad," tsuyu adds on before our teacher speaks up again.

"i was surprised, too. well, i'm sure everyone has different circumstances. now, i'll explain briefly about the dorms, but first— for now, we will focus on getting the provisional licenses we were planning to have you get during the training camp."

my classmates murmur their realization at that was what we had been there to do, but i tune them out. i forget things easily, so i wanna tru and remember what he's saying before i tune out like an idiot.

"this is important. listen up. kirishima. yaoyorozu. todoroki, midoriya, iida. these five went to go save bakugo and sasaki that night." he pauses to look everyone over, a tense silence over everyone as he does so.

"your reactions tell me that you all were at least aware of it. i'm going to set aside a number of issues and say this: if it weren't for all might's retirement, i would've expelled everyone except bakugo, sasaki, jiro, and hagakure. of course the five that went, but also the twelve who knew but didn't stop them betrayed our trust, no matter what the reason. i would be grateful if you could follow the proper procedures and act properly in order to regain that trust. that is all. now, we're going inside. let's have some energy!"

my eyes had widened exponentially as he was talking, my grip on kyoka a bit tighter than expected, but i loosened up as she squeezed my arm in reassurance. everyone was a bit bummed at what he'd said, but our attention went to bakugo, who grabbed kaminari, dragged him into a bush and lightning came from it.

the electrics quirk user came out from the bush with his dumb face on, making everyone laugh, and kyoka wheezed while i let out giggles and bury my face in her shoulder.

i pick up on the small exchange between bakugo and kirishima, smirking once the explosive boy moves to head inside.

he's so fucking whipped it's hilarious

'it really is'

everyone follows the boy and our teacher in, aizawa explaining everything as we trail him like lost puppies. "each student dorm building holds one class. girls on the right, and boys on the left. but the first floor is the common area. food, baths, and laundry are on this floor."

i look around at everything in awe, dragging kyoka over to look beside me at the windows, giggles falling from her lips as we rush around.

at mineta being his perverted, stupid ass self, aizawa shuts him down with venom in his tone.

"rooms start on the second floor. there are four rooms per gender on each floor with five floors in general, but there's an extra room since we have an odd amount of students. everyone gets their own room. they're luxurious spaces equipped with their own ac, toilets, fridges, and closets."

my jaw dropped earlier as i saw how large the rooms were.

"these are bigger than my room and living room back home, combined!"