im stressing but its for the money

i had somehow managed to find another vending machine, having run out of cheetos while i was escaping from bakugou. i got two more bags, not even caring that my fingers will be stained orange after this.

"the fight should be starting soon," i mumbled, and i heard a scoff.

there's no way in hell we're going back out there. i'd rather not deal with all the yelling and destruction from those two moronic assholes

"wow, looks like you learned a new word."

fuckin dumbass

as i munched on my cheetos, i listened to the distant noises coming from the arena. it sounded intense even from here, but i prefer to ignore all that bullshit.

i flinched a bit when i felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, and i pulled it out, flipping it open when i saw it was a call from my landlady.

"sasaki-chan! i just wanted to remind you that the due date for rent is coming up. you remember the amount due, right?" she asked, and i nodded, like an idiot, even though she can't see me.

"yes, of course, yamaguchi-san. i'll give you the rent on time."

"alright, have a nice day!"

i hung up the phone, groaning into my hands as i buried my face into them. i totally forgot about the rent, dammit.

"i'll have to pick up a few extra shifts to pay the rent and the bills, or else it'll be delayed again. i can't keep falling behind," i murmur, pulling my knees up into my chest to plant my head on them. this day is just so stressful, and it's not even over, yet.

how about we just go home, you brat

"but then i'd have to tell aizawa-sensei. and the festival is almost over."

look, i don't care about you, but i'd prefer it if my host was still able to last the day

"i have a shift to get to, goddammit."

i'd completely forgotten that i'd told my boss that i'd pick up a shift because one of the other part-timers had called in sick. i looked at the clock on my phone, sighing in relief when i saw i still had time to get there if i hurried.

let's get the fuck outta here, then

"okay, but make sure to not get caught," i warned, and venom response before i let him take over.

he immediately clung to the ceiling, crawling around through the halls searching for an exit, and luckily, we found a window not far from the vending machine.

we should've grabbed more snacks before we left

"damn right we should've."

it didn't take long for venom to reach an alley close to the restaurant i work at, and he quickly retreats himself into my body. i make sure no one is around or looking my way before walking out of the alley and down the street.

i headed down the alley where the staff door is, got out my key from the small bag i had brought with me today and unlocked the door, closing it behind me.

"rin-chan? is that you!?" i heard my boss shout, coming around the corner, and i smiled weakly at her.

"hello."

"i thought you were at school for the festival? you do go to u.a., don't you?" she asked, and i sheepishly rubbed the back of my head.

"i do, i just wasn't participating. i also made a promise to come in for the extra shift, and i don't like breaking promises," i reply, getting the extra uniform i have inside out. i go into the little changing stall in the corner and quickly put the ensemble on, walking out afterwards and heading out for my shift.