and here we go dammit

being on standby from the operation with the heroes was both reassuring, and extremely stressful at the same time.

it was reassuring, because there hadn't been any major incidents that actually required for the heroes to bring in work study students. they'd only bring us in if they had to, and if we were on standby, then that meant that the situation wasn't as dire just yet.

but it was really stressful, because a little girl was out there getting used to make weapons against her will. she was being hurt by the man who was supposed to raise her and care for her, but instead he was just using her like some object.

it was horrifying to think about, and over the few days that we heard nothing from the heroes, i tried to distract myself with school, kyoka, and my friends.

aizawa had taken me on patrol one other time since the start of my work study, but other than that, we hadn't down anything for my study.

midoriya is spiraling thinking about this complicated shit

i sigh, nodding at his internal words, then gently knock my tray of food into midoriya's head as i pass by him. he looks up at me in question, rubbing the back of his head subconsciously despite me not having hurt him.

"stop thinking so hard or else your brain will explode or some shit. relax a bit, or you'll make yourself sick worrying about everything. it's not healthy," i scold, then walk off to go sit with the designated "bakusquad."

placing my tray down, i sit next to mina and immediately take a bit of my food.

"what were you doing talking to that damn nerd?" bakugo asks, biting into his food with a glare at me, making the others glance my way as well.

"he's been worrying like hell for the last couple weeks, so i told him to cut the shit or else he'd make himself useless by getting sick," i respond casually, not bothering to look up. there was a beat of silence before sero started cracking up, hitting his fist on the table.

"wow, sasaki! you're so much more blunt nowadays!"

kaminari nods with a grin, kirishima chuckling from next to a giggling mina.

"yeah, it's really funny! it's nice to be so casual with you after all this time, especially with how meek and shy you were when we first met,"
the pikachu boy states, taking a bite of his rice.

i stare at them for a few moments, my cheeks a bit warm, then roll my eyes.

"shut up..."

"aw, is rinnie flustered?"

i send a sharp glare at the parasite when his head pops up to float next to mine. a few students startle when they see him, but my classmates just chuckle at the banter i engage in with him.

"you shut up too, you damn parasite."

"parasite?!"

———

if it weren't for venom, i honestly would've slept through being summoned, a few nights later.

he dragged me out of my dorm and into the common area where the other four were, all of them clutching their phones. venom held mine and was internally yelling at me to wake my ass up, but i could barely keep my eyes open.

the first night i actually get to bed at a decent time, and i get woken up because of the heroes? just my fucking luck.

"did you all get the message?"