17. LIES 🔞

Taehyung felt like a creeper as he stood at the counter of the bar, hiding his face with a beverages menu, peeking above it towards the VIP area. He was feeling like the worst sasaeng in the world, and there was no reason for him to act like it.

It wasn't like Taehyung himself was an unknown person; he could just ask for a VIP seat too and then approach Yoongi. It wasn't that hard, right? So why was he acting like a weirdo?

Was it because of how things turned out a few days ago? Or was it because Yoongi was surrounded by famous people that Taehyung knew and fanboyed about?

"C'mon, Kim Taehyung, get your shit together." He mumbled to himself.

It wasn't like he had actually searched through social media to find out Yoongi's whereabouts; he just casually happened to be hosted at the same hotel Yoongi was currently having drinks at.

Taehyung himself came to get a few drinks after his dinner, but now he was hesitant to approach the older man for a number of reasons. The main issue right now was that Yoongi stopped being Yoongi in Taehyung's eyes due to the people surrounding him. He was rather Agust D, and Taehyung was a huge fanboy of the rapper.

At that moment, everything came crashing down on Taehyung's mind. For a very long time, since the day he met Yoongi, Taehyung had never been able to see past that, but right now that he finally snapped out of that daze, it is still inconceivable for Taehyung to comprehend that he met and talked to his idol several times.

So yeah, Taehyung was now conflicted, acting stupidly and trying to separate Agust D from Min Yoongi while acting all sketchy and stalkerish. But, you see, being a known personality as Taehyung was, or even having the face of an idol, wasn't something he could escape, even when acting weirdly.

As much as he wanted to remain anonymous, hidden, waiting to gain courage and go to Min Yoongi—not Agust D nor Suga THE producer—it was a given that someone would recognize him.

And to make matters worse, people as a society have the really strange habit of coming to you and asking you for pictures and autographs even if they don't know you from anywhere, only because they saw other people doing it.

So when Taehyung realized it, he was surrounded by "fans".

"Oppa! Can I have a picture with you? Please sign my shirt!" An unnatural, pitchy voice spoke after some girls finally left Taehyung's side.

The painter and model turned to the voice, only to see Yoongi grinning mockingly at him.

"Hyung, save me, please!" Taehyung desperately begged, clutching Yoongi's arm, which made the older gasp at the suddenly broken barrier of intimacy.

"Are you waiting for someone, or are you here by yourself?" He asked as he tried to free himself from the younger's hold.

"I uh-" Taehyung didn't want to lie, but if he said the whole truth, it would be humiliating. "No, I'm not waiting for anyone; I'm here alone."

"Hm..." Yoongi hummed and nodded lightly, looking around. "Come sit with me." He invited him, pointing to the VIP area where he was before.

"With your friends? I don't want to bother." Taehyung shook his hands to dismiss the invitation.