Chapter 12 -The end-

Chapter 12 

And the day had finally come. The angel's team were preparing an ambush on the demon's headquarters. It was a battle of the elite. The top angels were chosen for such a mission, with a clear plan. They would have to kill off all the top demons, the ones who inanciated this brutal war, the demons with the code names.

~Kouanto's PoV~

Telling I am scared, is quite an understatement. I am frightened. My supposedly strong knees are buckling. My brain is killing me. How is it possible at the same time to want to do something but also not to..? My mind knows it's the only way, that it would put a hault to everything.. But deep down, I find it so wrong, so fucking wrong.

A defeaning shriek made me realise that it was time. A mass of the angel's elite, most under the realisation of the possibility of their death, were running fearless to battle. For sure I wasn't one of them... 

I had to kill my superiors, and people who never even meant for this war to happen... People who were once my family... People who I love. ...Rei..

I gulped at the thought as I prayed for a miracle. A miracle that would drive him far away from the headquarters. A miracle that would keep me alive, so that I would meet him afterwards. Do miracles still happen?

No. I could already hear the whispers of angels, casting spells.

A lound piercing sound signified that they had entered the door. It was time.

Forgetting, or rather keeping on a tiny corner of my brain, my previous thoughts I ran straight to the building. I could already sense fear, as well hear the loud screams of people getting massacred. I kept running though.

I reached the first floor and witnessed the first blows taking place. I joined the fight, taking my sword out. I had been practising with it for quite some time, and now I was finally getting a hang of it.

Swinging my hands at the rythm of the swordsplay I ran to help an angel in need. I immediately attacked the demon, breaking his defense easily, battling until pouning him into the ground with my sword over his neck. 

I instantly backed off, leaving the angel to take care of the poor creature.

I kept joining battles, rescuing my newest allies, with my sword singing every time it clashed with metallic blazes.

I halted for moment trying to catch on my breath. Being one of the best fighters I had unintenionally came in for the rescue for almost everyone, and now my heart was beating like crazy. 

I hastily looked around as I felt something wrong, something was off. The angels sure were ahead, but all the demons the had fought, why were they unrecogisable? That's when I realised the coded demons were missing.

I didn't know If I was relieved or petryfied ath the thought. They must be somewhere on the top floor, I thought, as after hearing the ambush they must have run up the stairs.

"Everyone, upstairs!" I literally yelled, trying to make my voice audible for all of them.

I began surveying the augmenting number of angels who were running up the stairs... They must have been over two hundreds, overpowering by a lot the thirty to forty demons on the building. They really stood no chance.

Lost in my thoughts and into the chaos I felt a light piece of cloth being tied around my mouth. Before I could see what was going on a pair of hands tied another one around my eyes and hands.

Being pulled, all I could hear were the voices of angels getting weaker and weaker.

My heart was racing as I knew what would happen to me. They would kill me. Anxiety curled into my stomach at the thought of death. I carteinly did not want to die!