Chapter 4 -My first fight-

Chapter 4

The days were passing by, as I was being trained at the art of ‘being an angel’. I was one of them now. That had a much deeper meaning. It was time. It was high time I fought my family.

I was afraid. I didn’t want to. I tried my best to avoid it through fake illness, and god knows what else. But eventually, I was seen through.

One day, while I was resting at my bedroom, Chris came, telling me I had to join her, as Raf would be guarding a human.

‘They still care about humans, when there’s war?’ But then I realized that this is the difference between them and us.

We were leaving first thing in the morning. And believe me, I don’t lie when I say I was NOT looking forward to it.

I barely slept that night. How could I, after all?

When my mobile’s sound became deafening, I knew it was time. I gulped, as I placed the sword to its sheath. I did the same with my gun. Though it was not permitted by angels, I was still a demon. Guns are way faster than swords. A ‘bang’, and the other is dead.

A ‘bang’, and I would have killed my own blood.

On the trip, the silence hurt me even more. And no matter how much I wanted to speak up, to let all my thoughts out, I couldn’t. It was not Chris, Raf and me after all. Paul, Christy’s boyfriend –or something-, was with us. I’d rather stay silent and admire the way those two were looking at each other; Eyes filled with tenderness and love.

“What are we supposed to do, during the mission?” I spoke, breaking the silence.

“Well… We have to release a couple of prisoners,” said Paul gently, “And we don’t have to worry a lot about security. They are not many, much less than usual. I can almost take them all on my own. You can count on me ladies.”

I gave him a smile, thanking him as I turned my head to Chris. She was still giggling from his words.

‘Okay’, I said to myself and rolled my eyes, laughing.

“You’re quite cute together,” I stated, earning a blush from my friend and a thankful grin from her boyfriend.

“We’re here,” he then added, destroying the relaxation I was previously feeling.

“S-smooth,” I uttered, trying to sound as calm as possible.

“Kouanto? You okay?” Of course Chris would see through it. But still, with a couple of fake smiles I managed to reassure her.

’ Now my self’s next,’ I sarcastically thought as crawled out of the car.

Just by looking at those two lovebirds, I could tell they wouldn’t handle it alone. And clearly, what Paul was saying earlier… Their numbers would be much larger than ours. We were three! It was more like a suicidal mission. Of course I wouldn’t break the news. I simply promised back to myself I’d do anything to protect those two.

And so, we all headed inside. We followed Paul’s suit, as he lead us to a room that looked like a cage. We were nearby. I could tell, by looking at the torture devices hanging from the wall.

The place was huge, while the smell of sulfur burnt my nose. It was quite dark, but I could already make out more than a dozen of figures.

I immediately turned to face my partners. Judging by their scared looks they must have seen them too.

            When I was about to reassure them, that’s when I heard a loud voice, calling for us.

            “Intruders! Intruders!”

            “Fuck!” I gulped as I started running towards them, not forgetting my promise.

            “Wait, I got ‘em.” Paul looked both me and Chris straight in the eye, determined.

            We nodded. “We’ll find a way to free them,” said Chris and kissed him at the cheek for good luck.

            “How sweet,” I whispered to her after, us being meters away from him.

            She simply blushed and looked away, shyly “L-Let’s just find a key,  a way to set them free.”

            I agreed.

            We weren’t on the lookout for five minutes, when we heard Paul’s screams for help. I knew it; He wouldn’t last long. Looking back at him, I saw more than five bodies laying on his feet. My eyes widened. Five demons? Wow.

            “He’s quite good,” I muttered, but Chris was too anxious to hear me.

            She would run straight to him, if I didn’t stop her.

            “Don’t even think about it,” I simply stated, causing her to stare back at me confused “Your abilities are around healing and defense. I’ll handle it. Just stay here, and when you find an opening, go and treat your boy’s wounds”

             I playfully winked at her as I ran further, knowing that she was smiling at me.

            It was now the time for me to fight, to go against demons.

 I took off my sword. I didn’t want to kill them –something a gunshot would do- so a sword was my best choice.

I ran back to Paul and placed my sword in front of his enemy’s neck. “You’re up against me now, bitch,” I rushed out, wanting to enervate him.

“You sure, lil’ girl? You seem quite weak”

Ignoring his offense, I stabbed his upper arm with my sword and wore a smile.

“You were saying..?”

“Ouchhh,” he groaned in pain “You’ll pay for this slut”

He now took off his gun and pointed it to me.

“Tch, tch… That’s quite unfair buddy” And like that I ducked the right moment, avoiding the shot, and landed right in front of him.

“Hey!” I joked, as I kicked him hard where the sun doesn’t shine, and managed to take away his gun.

He fell down on the floor from the pain, as I stood upon him and kicked him on the stomach.

“Now tell me honey, how to set those angels out?”

His unemotional face and slight grin made me realize, another foe was behind me.

I turned around just in time and avoided getting cut in two by his sword. Sword? Score. I would finally test my own abilities.

I raised my weapon and turned it to him. He easily moved his, so that I wouldn’t touch him. We continued likewise for some more, until I realized he was too much for me to take. Fluently, he managed to drop my blaze at the ground, now being him pointing me with the sword.

“You need some more practice dude,” the swordsman said; sending me shivers.

“N-No way! I-it’s you..”

And what I was least expecting, had just happened.

~~~~~~

Omg...So sorry for the late update -been extremelly lazy ;p- Please vote/comment! :D