Chapter 3 -Decision-

Chapter 3

“Kouanto…Kouanto!,” two girls chorused together.

“Oh..Hey Raf, hey Christy.” Her two best friends–two angels-had came to comfort her.

“What happened?,” inquired Christy, the blonde one, with eyes full of curiosity.  

“A war happened… That’s right; One among angels and demons, where we will have to fight against one another, one, where I’ll be against my family. Against demons.”

“Wh-What?” The astonishment was clear in both the girls’ voices.

“They exiled me, or something… I just didn’t want to be a part of it. And now, I’ll have to fight demons. And the best part? Dare to guess who sent me away? Exactly what you think…’R’.. Heh.. Only to think that I..I-“ The girl couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. They began to stream down her face, as her whole body was now trembling.

“No way!” It was Raf’s turn to take the floor. “There’s no way he did something like that. He’s got feelings for you. I know he does. You know it too! Right? He may hasn’t confirmed it himself-“

Kouanto turned to face her “He never will. He… He has no idea how I’m feeling right now. My heart is breaking into tiny pieces. I-I don’t know what to do.. And the funny part? ...I still love him… That’s right. Call me stupid, call me innocent. I don’t give a fuck. I just don’t want to be forced to fight against him. I don’t want to end up committing suicide for someone who doesn’t give a shit.”

“..He does give a shit…”

All the girls turned, only to face ‘R’

"Wh-", Kouanto just paused upon hearing those words. Her hands turned numb, her face adopted a deep red shade. “…Great. You humiliated me once, you humiliate me twice..”

“Kouanto..”

“No. Don’t ‘Kouanto’ me. And yeah, that’s how I feel about you. I’m not ashamed. You may be a jerk, you may drive me depressed-and God knows what else- But no, I admit it. So come on, say it. Laugh at me for being in love with such a person..”

The angels left the two alone.

“..Kouanto..”

“Kouanto… Kouanto… Is that the only word you know?” Her voice was harsh.

“I love you”

“That’s right, you-…you…you…What?” The girl’s heart began to race, her eyes sparkled, her hands felt clammy. She gasped. “Th-Then wh-“

Before she could finish her sentence, he had grasped her, bringing her closer to his own body, brushing his lips upon hers. Shivers ran down the brunette’s body. Electricity pierced her every vain. She could finally taste him. He was finally hers…

No.

She managed to escape the kiss. “No… I don’t believe you… If… If you really loved me you wouldn’t exile me. Why? Why did you do such a thing?"

“I’ve got my reasons..,” he simply replied, irritating the petite girl.

“You know what? Screw you, and your change in moods. I’m out of here.”

            And so she left, leaving behind the boy with the icy-blue eyes.

~Kouanto's PoV~

            And so I left.

            ‘He doesn’t deserve me. He doesn’t…,’ that’s all I could think about.

            Despite the rage I was feeling, I knew that my sentiments deep down were much stronger.

            I slid down the wall,-nearby the corner-, and turned into something that looked like a ball, hugging my knees with my hands.

            “Gg..uh,” I gasped as my tears were uncontrollable. So was their cause. No matter how much I tried to convince myself that the cause was me, not being a demon, I knew it was a lie. He was the reason.

            I wanted him, his touch, his warmth, his kiss, him telling me he loved me…But now… It’s different. We can’t even be together. We’ll have to fight against one another.

            I began to grimace, as I realized what I was saying. I shouldn’t want us to be together. Not after that.

            I tried to listen to my heart. She was disapproving my attitude. ‘Likewise you’ll lose him forever’

            I froze at the thought. Drops of sweat ran down my whole body. We would finally be together. No. I can’t have ruined everything.

            “Kouanto..?” A hand was reaching for my shoulder. I popped.

            “Hey you okay?”

            I turned to face ‘R’. I gulped.

            “What are you doing h-“

            I never managed to finish my sentence. The boy’s embrace interrupted me.

            “Wh-Wh..,” I didn’t speak. I didn’t want any words to ruin the moment. I sighed and tightly closed my tear-filled eyes, getting deeper and deeper into his hug.

            His body, his warm, caramel-smelling body was now touching with mine. I could hear his heartbeat increasing, almost taste his feelings. I was happy. But I knew it wouldn’t last long.

            “Kouanto..,” his voice broke my fairytale. No. Please no. Don’t leave me.

            I didn’t respond. I didn’t want to.

            “I’m sorry. I’m truly, sorry.” It was the boy’s turn to burst into tears.

            “No..You don’t have to”, I softly said and wiped away his tears.

            “B-But, I can’t tell you the reason-“

            “I respect it. And I’m okay with that,” I was now determined.

            The boy with the blue eyes smiled. “I love you…I really do”

            “But we can’t be together..” And with that I placed my lips to his cheek, giving him a kiss. And I left. I had decided; This would be his punishment.

            Even though I knew that likewise, I’d ache more.

            That was it. From that day on, I would be an angel. I would be trained to be one, at least. How to fight, how to defend, even how to dress.

            From that day on, my journey began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think about it so far? ;p Please comment/vote/criticize/share ideas ;D