The Wacky Offer

Începe de la început

I circled my arm around his neck to seek some support and our eyes met instantly. I give him a peck on his lips. His pupils enlarged due to his surprise. I put my lips on him again, longer than before. His lips didn't move.

And, here comes the worst thing.

'Am I not that attractive to you so you didn't kiss me back?' I breathe out heavily and continued my nonsense talk. 

You should've taken the risk for me!' My voice got louder and people started to stare at us, maybe thinking this is sort of couple fights. Not contented with what I've said before, I continued to cuss at him for rejecting my plan.

'Alright alright, I get your point and I'm sorry. People started staring at us, let's get inside first and you can continue your resentment for me.' He murmured into my ear and I pushed his chest.

'Not that easy mister! I won't let you escape that easily. I will-' before I can finish my sentence, he grabs my jaw and kissed me hard.

***

'Yep, that's why I know your front gate pass. I ensure you to your apartment last night.' He crossed his legs and lean back to the sofa.

I bite my lower lips and feel the urge to hit my own head. How can I be that stupid?

Before I can say anything. He said something much crazier than what I've said last night.

'I'll offer you a win-win solution for us, Ye Jin-ssi. I'll be your investor and you can use my resources to build your own company. But I would like to ask for your hand to be in marriage.'

'Are you drunk, Bin-ssi? Marriage? We only know each other since like what, twenty-four hours? For goodness sake!' I raised both of my hands in the air while sneering at him.

'I've got your point. But even if we denied the rumor, it doesn't make any sense while the pictures say otherwise. Also, your father said that we've been in a relationship for almost a year when my haraboeji called him this morning. He was over the moon when he heard that, at least one of his grandchildren seems keen to settle down. Therefore, he talked to me this morning, saying that this is the right time to get married. My grandfather suffers from lung cancer since last year, Yejin-ssi. And his condition is getting better lately. I'm not risking his health by refusing his will.' He calmly explained it to me, even though I heard some restlessness in his tone.

'That son of a bitch, Son Hae Jin must've told my father about the 'almost one-year' thing. I apologize for my brother, Bin-ssi.' I respond to him, but still don't know the proper answer to his marriage proposal. 

Moreover, I'm still curious about why he seems so eager to do his grandfather's will. I mean marriage is a big leap in someone's life. But it seems that this is a sensitive topic, I'll make sure to ask him later.

'If you agree to this as I said before, I'll be your investor and I'll provide you with my resources. That includes basically anything you need.' I can see his restlessness just escalate to misery judging from his tone.

'But we must sign a prenup agreement regarding our marriage and the business company.' Marrying him wouldn't be so bad right? I get what I need to achieve my dreams while he also gets to fulfill his grandfather's will.

'Deal' His restlessness and misery fade instantly.

***

We talked about the prenup agreement immediately and will sign it later in the lawyer's office. I suggest Ji Hye as she is a really good lawyer and a family friend as well. Ji Hye's involvement in this thing would make me feel less restless.