The Marauderers & Lily

It was first year when Lily realised Remus was a wearwolf. The only reason she knew was because her entire life she's been fascinated by the creatures. And as soon as she found out that they're real, she did as much research on them as possible.

She learnt how to recognise the symptoms, she learnt what to do if she'd ever trapped with one on a full moon, she learnt that there has been a few cases where a animagus has been with the wearwolf during the full moon, and not only survived without injuries, but also calmed the wolf down.

So that's what she wanted to do. Learn to be an animagus so that her new friend, who probably didn't know her name, wouldn't be alone during the full moons.

But first, Professor McGonnagal.

The transfiguration professor refused to help at first. But Lily didn't give up hope. She found as many books on animagus as possible, then told the teacher that if she wasn't going to help, then she'll just do it herself.

It took months to work, and Lily had to stay over the winter holidays to make sure everything went perfectly.

Then, the day arrived. The day of her first transformation.

"I'll be here the entire time, alright? If you need help, I'll join you as a cat. Are you ready?" Professor McGonnagal asked. Lily gritted her teeth and nodded.

It was late at night, the moon was high in the sky, but it was only half a moon.

The pair walked further away from the school, and closer towards the whomping willow tree.

"stop here." the pair stopped. "just try and relax, it can be a painfull procedure the first two or three times you try it, but I know you can do it."

Lily nodded, determination in here eyes. Then, she relaxed her body, drank the potion Professor McGonnagal handed to her, closed her eyes, and waited.

A shadowy figure appeared in her head, and she knew she had to focus on it. Its what would tell her the animal she would turn into.

Relax she told herself. Take a deep breath, and stay calm.

The shadowy figure cleared up, and the young girl smiled to herself.

Figures.

She focused on the animal and tried to imagine herself turning into it. Then, her body followed.

Her blood went ice cold as her bones started to crack and pop. She fell forwards to the ground and let out a shout in pain.

"keep going, miss Evans. You can do it!" McGonnagals voice broke through the sizzling in her ears.

I can do this.

And she did. She successfully transformed herself into an animagus. First time.

Lily looked up from the ground and looked down at her feet. Paws? She was closer to the ground than she expected, but was still pleased.

"congratulations Miss Evans. You've successfully completed the Animagus transformation."

Lily turned towards the voice and saw a cat standing infront of her.

"woah, I can hear what you say even though we're animals! Woah, I can speak!"

Lily was glad, she was hoping she'd be able to communicate with others, she just didn't want to get her hopes up.

"correct, to humans, it would just sound like normal animals, but we can talk to other animagus and even normal animals. Though they sometimes don't like the smell of animagus."