Twenty-Six

"Hi baby." Calum grins as he enters the hospital room, a couple bags in tow.

"Hey!" Zeppelynn grins from her place on the bed.

"How was today's therapy?" Calum asks as he bends to kiss her gently before sitting down across from her on the bed.

"Better, but still frustrating. I hate that suddenly normal things are hard for me, or make me tired. I used to do triple backflips out of ten story windows for fucks sake. Now I breathe heavily when I walk across a long room?"

"You were sleeping for eighteen days straight, give yourself a break Z, you'll get back there, I know it. But you have to let yourself heal too." He smiles sympathetically.

"I know. It's just frustrating." she sighs, taking the food he offers her.

"I know, but you're going to come back stronger and better than ever."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." She sighs, "I'd mostly like to get out of this place, it's been weeks and weeks, and even not being awake for nearly three of the, I'm over it. I want to see the outside world again."

"It's the same, a little warmer, but still too much traffic, and lots of noise. Crime still happens, people still shop and dine, and dogs are still being walked." Calum smirks.

"Alright sassy pants." Z rolls her eyes at him, "I still want to get out of here."

"I wish you could too Wildflower. Get home, sleep in your own bed, or mine," He winks, "Get back to living your life too. Have they said anything about the likelihood of when you could get back to working?"

"We have a six week plan. My trainer, physical therapist, and I sat down today to work on it. Based on the progress I've made over the last week and a half since I woke up. It puts me right in line to head for Europe for our filming there this summer for Black Widow, so you can bet your ass I'm going to make it happen."

"You're filming in Europe all summer?" Calum asks, an eyebrow raising in curiocity.

"England and Germany." She nods, "Should I have told you that before? I was going to, it wasn't like a secret, but we got all the finalized info on shoots the first day of filming so the day everything happened."

"No, don't feel bad Z. I was just surprised. I'll be in Europe for a month this summer too, plus a month in Australia and the pacific, Philippines, South Korea, places like that. We both know the other is busy and travels some, I just hadn't heard about your trip yet. It sounds fun though."

"It should be. And if you're around the continent for part of it it will be even better, because then there is a real chance I could fly out for a couple days we have break or something to see you without spending the entire time on flights to and from LA."

"You would come out to see me when you have breaks in filming?" Calum grins suddenly.

"Well I mean I'd rather not go two full months without seeing you at all. I could if I had to, but I'd prefer not to. If I can make it happen I will." She nods.

"You don't know how happy that makes me Z, I'm so glad I'm going to get to see you at some point over our busy summers if at all possible."

"Wouldn't be a good girlfriend if I wasn't trying to see you when I can." She laughs, "Did your last girlfriend not try and visit you when you were away?" she frowns suddenly.

"I mean, she was insanely busy too, her job had her working almost as much as mine had me working. So I understood, but it didn't make it any easier." He shrugs, suddenly more interested in the noodle dish he is eating than meeting her eyes.