Chapter 20: Thank You...

I shook my head, just trying not to dwell on those old memories, as I usually tended to do. It was in the past now, and there was no going back and doing anything to stop it. I loved where I was at right now, and that might not have happened if I did have Tristan with me still.
I knew for sure that he would never have wanted to leave to house. If he had been kicked out of there like I had, he would have taken the offer from that one older cat that had told me that there was a shelter nearby us that we could get new owners at.
I opened my eyes at the same time as well. If I would have in fact done that, than I would have never met Mint for one, and Owl would never be here at the same time either. Limp would probably have died from starvation that one day if she had not stolen that prey that I had caught.
I was happy with where I was at right now, and I would never take it back if I had the chance to. I missed Tristan, yes indeed, but he would not have wanted to be here with me, and I knew that he was in a much better place now. A place that I hoped to go some day as well, while I knew he was not in starclan, I still knew that he was living a good life wherever he was at.
I began walking over to where I saw Limp helping out Steve, he was freaking out and his body was flying all over the place. I could tell that it was hard for Limp to do anything while he was like that as well, but it was not his fault either that he was having these seizures.
I watched has she smashed up the stinging nettle for him and then she shoved it down into his mouth. I could not tell if he had swallowed it or not, because of the fact that his body was shaking all over, and he had no control over what was going on with him.
The herb did not seem to be doing very much to help him so far, but after a few more moments he did in fact eventually stop shaking his body all over the place. I looked at him a bit scared for a few moments, as it all came back to be once again.
I remembered seeing Tristan like that, and thinking that he was okay, and that he had calmed down. But he was not moving, and I remember that I went up to him, and I did not feel a heartbeat, and I did not see him breathing either.
I looked at Steve, who was in front of me right now, as I looked at him as though he had gone limp, I saw that he was thankfully in fact breathing, and I took a gasp of fresh air at the same time as well, as I realized that everything was all going to turn out okay.
I saw that Shilo had calmed down at the same time as well, as she dropped herself beside her mate onto the ground at the same time too. I watched as she turned her head over to Limp, and then she smiled at her and then she nodded to her thankful for her help.
I then saw her turn her head back to me, as she squinted her eyes at me and then she grabbed her front paw and pulled her kits closer to her. I could tell that she still did not trust me, and what she had just done had all but just proven that she had not as well.
It still confused me as to how that could be so, as I was the one that had gone far out of the way to get the herbs that her mate had needed at the same time as well. I shook my head though, as I suppose that I should not worry about it too much either.
I was a bigger tom cat, and she had kits and her sick mate with her. She did not know me either, so I guess I could not blame her for the way that she was acting at the same time. It made sense that she would trust the sweet young she cat as well.
I looked away from her, as I saw that Limp was looking at me at the same time as well. I looked at her a bit confused for a few moments, but I just nodded for her to go ahead and speak on what it was that was on her mind in the exact moment.
She just sat there for a few moments, as it seemed like she was waiting for me to speak in fact. It confused me a bit, because it had looked like she had wanted to say something to me, but I just shook my head, as I then nodded once again, as I began to speak up to her.
"You are a good medicine cat Limp, you have made Starclan proud, I can promise you of that. I hope these cats know that they have a safe place to live if they come back home with us." I said to her, and then I turned my head so that I could see from the corner of my eyes that Shilo had heard what I had just said at the same time.
It seemed like she was out of it at this point though, which I did not blame her for either. She was taking care of her mate and her kits all of the time, as well as the fact that had probably had a rough day as well, and it was so late as it was.
I looked up at the sky at the same time as well, as I noticed that it was now starting to get very dark, and there was not very much time of sunlight left in the sky. I could not see how low the sun was over the fence at the same time either.
I shook my head, and then I turned my head back over to Limp at the same time as well, as I heard her as she had begun speaking to me at the same time as well. I looked at her for a few moments, and then I nodded for her to keep on speaking, as I let her know that I was in fact listening to her. She nodded back to me, and then she kept on with where she had left off.
"Thank you Moon... You are a great leader, even if you do not think that you are... You are doing what no other cat has ever had to do before, so do not doubt yourself..." She said to me. I looked at her for a few moments, and then I blinked my eyes, quite a bit surprised at such a strange complement that she had just said to me as well.
I nodded to her thankful, as I looked at the ground. It seemed like I had not done a very good job as a leader. It seemed that Kettle was doing a far better job as a leader as well. At least that was what Youngtail would say to me on several different occasions.
It kind of hurt me when he said that at the same time as well. I wondered if he was not the only cat in the clan that felt that way about me either. I closed my eyes, and then shook my head, as I remembered that Limp had just given me quite a nice complement as well.
I nodded back to her, and she looked at me with a big smile on her face. I could not help but smile back at her as well. It made me feel a lot better when I made a cat smile too. I then looked at her in her eyes, as I then began to speak to her, as she nodded to me to let me know that she was listening.
"Thank you Limp, I appreciate that, it makes me feel a lot better. It sometimes does not feel like I am doing my job as a leader." I said to her. She looked at me dead in my eyes at the same time as well as she had said that, and I did my best to stare back into hers as well, to let her know that I really did appreciate what it was that she had said.
She looked at me for a few moments, and then she bowed her head low to the ground, as she then nodded to me at the same time as well. I saw her look over at Shilo and her kits for a few moments, until she then turned her head back to me and then began to speak.
My mind was beginning to get lost into thought at the same time as well, as I remembered how tired I had been at the same time too, before I had gotten here in fact, as standing here for quite a long time was beginning to tear me down. But I got enough strength to listen to what it was that she had to say to me, as I looked at her and then nodded to her.
"Moon... Before you go to sleep with the others, I am sure that they are quite a bit hungry, as I am too... Could you get us some food? Before it is too late? I know that you are tired, but we need it." She said to me. I was just about out of it as she had said that last part to me.
I had not really realized what it was that she had said, as I just nodded to her, as I was so out of it now. But then suddenly a sudden burst flew through me as I realized what was that she had in fact just said to me. I looked up and then I nodded for real this time, as I could tell that she did not really believe the first nod.
Which I in fact did not blame her for at the same time as well. I could tell that she was not so sure at the same time as well, even after the more steady nod that I had given her. And I thought about why she did not just go and hunt at the same time as well.
I shook my head, shaking out those thoughts as well. She was a medicine cat, and that was not the job of a medicine cat in the first place either. Besides, I knew that she must be just as tired as I was at the same time as well.
I realized that she was still looking at me too, with not a quite reassuring look on her face either. I then looked at her in her eyes as well, as I then began to speak to her for real this time, as I began to let her know that I could push through it.
"I've got you... Though it might not be very much because it is dark right now, and it is starting to get colder outside." I said to her. She looked at me for a few moments, until she in turn realized what it was that I had just said to her at the same time as well, as she then nodded back to me.
We stayed there in silence for quite some time, as I shook my head, knowing that I could not be standing there for much longer, for I feared that I may very well pass out. I turned my head, and then I began to walk away, as I felt a bit more rejuvenated.
I then realized that I had heard Limp begin to talk to me from behind me, as I had been lost in thought, and I turned my head around towards her at the same time, just to hear what it was that she had to say to me at the same time as well.
"Moon... Wait... Earlier, I smelt a bunch of mice from an abandoned twoleg place near this one. It might be easier for you to catch some over there, and you might bring back enough for all of us as well." She said to me. I looked at her for a few moments, as I squinted my eyes at her.
I stared at her for a few more moments, as I then began to take in what it was that she had just said to me as well. I looked at her for a few moments, at the same time none the less, as I then began to speak back to her.
"Alright... I will go there... Thank you..."