Chapter 4: Good Luck

I watched, as Flame began to walk back into the queens den, to go and check on his mate. He usually did that about every few seconds, when he did come out of there, he was always freaking out, worrying that something might happen to her. I suppose a lot of cats did not know the duty of a medicine cat, nor did they trust it.
I smiled to myself as he walked back in, because, I knew that those cats would some day be the future of our clan. I felt a bit sad for Rabbit when she had first had her kits, 2 of them had died just a few moments after them being born, and Flame was freaking out.
I remember hearing lots of yelling, while I was trying to go to sleep, after a long day of taking care of the clan. I knew that for quite some time, Flame was not happy with Limp because she had not been able to save 2 of the kits. But, in the end, there was only so much 1 cat could do, sometimes, sadly to say, cats like those were born to die.
I am sure that they are safe in starclan right now though, so long as Flame and Rabbit came around and began to believe in Starclan. I knew that a lot of the cats in camp were fairly hectic to believe that cats could just die and then be reborn in the sky, and that they were taking care of us.
Especially with all that had happened in a lot of cats lives. Sometimes, a lot of things were just destined to be a certain way, and maybe, Starclan could not control a lot of that. Just like Starclan could have only done so much to save the clans, from the original downfall a long time ago.
Youngtail, he even admits to not remembering a lot about the clans. His father, the leader of the clans, he had always taught them that there was no such thing as Starclan, telling them that he had not gotten his 9 lives like he was supposedly supposed to get.
That was because he never believed in the clans in the first place however, the starclan cats can only do so much, they will not come to you if you do not believe in them. I was lucky enough to believe that my mother had gone to a safer place when she had died.
I looked at Limp, I could tell that she was still thinking about the day when she had birthed the kits, and how Flame had yelled at her, and he had put a lot of the blame on her. I was going to kick him out of the clan, but his mate convinced me not to.
She did not blame Limp for not saving her kits, and she was the mother to them in the first place. She was just happy to have her kits born in a safe environment like our territory was. It turned out that keeping Flame had turned put fairly well, he often stayed in her den, but when he did come out to hunt for her, he was in fact an excellent hunter, and there was not much that I needed to teach him.
I often wondered where he had learned about how to hunt like that, maybe his parents had been a part of Skyclan, I had never really had the chance to ask him. Maybe he did not even know, or remember his parents very well, just like me.
I never remember meeting my father, but my mother told me that he was a bit of a mean cat at times, she often wondered how she had fallen in love with him. I wondered that as well, she had also told me, that he had left as soon as she told him that she was expecting kits.
I remember my sisters like a vivid dream as well, I just remember them being very sick one night, and the next night both of them were gone. I remember hearing my mother yell in quite a lot of pain for a few days. Even me trying to be by her side, and help her ease the pain, it did not seem to do very much luck on me.
I blinked a few times, and then I realized that Limp was staring at me, waiting for me to take the lead for her out of the camp. I nodded to my friend, and then I walked past her, and then we walked past the small briar patch, that guarded us like a wall around the camp, there was only 1 way in and 1 way out of here.
It worked very well, I knew that no other cats would be attacking us right now, but you never know in the future if there could be a skirmish, Onestar had warned me that there would be wars to come in the future, he said that it was inevitable...
I wanted to say that it could not be, and that me and Kettle were friends, but I was not sure how long that would stay so. All it took was 1 warrior walking into another ones territory, and that could start a massive battle, and a big war.
I shivered, trying not to think about that, nor worry about that right now. We had technically still not started the clans in the first place. First thing to do first was to get the leaders their 9 lives. But I knew I could not do that until Youngtail saw that the time was fit.
Youngtail was such and old cat, he knew a lot more than I did. But I also noticed that he was a cat that was not fit to be a leader as well. I hate to say it, nor to be mean, but that might have been the down fall of Windclan in the first place.
I shook my head however, I should not be so quick to make assumptions. I looked up seeing that we were walking through the entrance of our camp, and there were 2 cats, clearly from a hunting patrol, carrying 2 rabbits on them.
I noticed who the cats were right away from fairly far away. I then cracked a smile, it was Silent and Angel, and they had a big grin on their face as well. Their eyes were locked on each other, I was happy for the both of them. I missed being like that with Mint, and just going hunting with her.
Maybe I should plan on doing that, at some point soon. I shook my head however, my job was to lead the clan not to play around with my mate. I had already had Owl step up for me, I could not let that happen too often, that would make me look like a weak leader.
I knew that other clans if finding out about something like that, they might use that to their advantage, and try to take over a part of our territory. I was hinting more towards Thunderclan, when I said that, I know Summer had been quite upset at me because she had broken the warrior code and I had frowned upon her for that.
I shook my head, and then walked up to Silent and Angel. They realized that it was me right away, and they lowered their heads, dropping their rabbits to the ground and bowing to me. I rolled my eyes at them, but they did not seem to notice that out of me.
I had no idea why these cats thought of me as an almighty leader that had control over everything, I suppose I would not complain, then they would not be doing stupid things, and they would abide by the warrior code as well.
"Hello Moon! Sorry we did not see you coming, how are you doing today? If you don't mind me asking, are you two going to the moonpool to get your 9 lives now?" He said to me. I looked at him, then I looked at the ground a bit sadly for a few moments.
I knew without that, I was not truly the leader of our clan. I hoped that Youngtail would decide the right time was some time soon, I wanted to get this over with, and I wanted to prove to the other cats that Starclan was real.
It was not so much as Silent that I was worried about, I could already tell that he had bought into there being a Starclan fairly early on, in being a warrior of Windclan... I was more worried about cats, like his now mate, Angel.
I saw her roll her eyes, but she did not say anything about it, but I could almost tell as to what it was that was going on in her head right now. She thought all of this was a joke, I hoped that some day I would prove to all of my clan cats that the Starclan cats were real.
A lot of them were very hesitant to believe in it, no matter what any cat said about them, or tried their best to prove to them that the Starclan cats were real... They would find out in their own time, at least that was what the hope was.
I looked at Silent, and then I shook my head at him. To my surprise he had a bit of a look of disappointment on his face. Maybe he was still having trouble believing in all of this Starclan stuff as well. He just wanted proof that it was real, and I could tell.
It took my a while to begin to believe that all I was seeing was real or not. But I now knew that it was all real, I was not the other cat that had seen them. I wanted sometimes, so badly to just forget about all of this, and go back to my old life.
I was happy now however, I would not give up my current life for anything in the world. I had a good mate, she took care of our clan, and I got to live out in the wild as well, just like I had always imagined doing when I was a lot younger. Tristan just always had to get my hopes down, I knew he was scared about what the world was like outside of our humble two leg place.
I looked at Silent, realizing that he was staring at me, just waiting for me to speak. His mate however, as I could tell, she just wanted to get back into camp. I could tell that she was fairly tired, she must have been up late with her new found mate.
I suppose that I should just make this quick, that way they could get inside and get some rest, and something to eat as well. I looked back over at Silent, and then I nodded to him, beginning to speak to him, but much louder than normal to a cat, remembering that he had trouble with hearing.
"Not quite, Limp had a dream last night, she saw a few cats, we are looking for a daisy and roses field if you know where one is." I said to him. I got my hopes up, maybe someone else in our clan might know where it is, that we needed to start looking in the first place.
To my disappointment, he looked down at thw ground, and then he shook his head at me. I was not upset at him at all, I should know more about our own territory than any other cat, but it seemed like none of us knew where it was... Was Limp correct when she smelt it on Windclan soil?
I saw Angel had a bit of a crooked smile on her face, as if this was just one big joke to her, and I squinted my eyes at her, letting her know that I saw her, and I did not think it was a joke, much like she did clearly. I then looked back over at Silent as he began to speak.
"Well... I am not sure, but I wish you good luck."