iii: world of arise

Jaehyung didn't leave his room for the next few days. He couldn't, else he might've been overwhelmed with the different lifestyle he had right now. It all felt like the day after, he'd return back to his own boring and horrible life.

Mina personally attended to his meals, leaving them on the table. She had asked before countless times for the doctors but each time, Jaehyung sent then away.

Stuck in the room each day, all Jaehyung did was research on the phone he had found on the bedside table. It wasn't the same phone he had before he transported into the novel, but rather a different and more expensive phone.

As he continued searching through the internet, Jaehyung felt like dying from all the information and all the realities striking at him. So, it seemed he really was stuck in a novel as the villain of the story - Kim Jaehyung.

Kim Jaehyung was the eldest brother and perhaps the next chaebol heir to the company his father owned - Kings Enterprise. Except, when he read the novel, Kim Jaehyung's younger brother, Kim Sungho, ended up as the successor because the terrible personality of Kim Jaehyung ended up getting exposed to the public with everyone around the world hating on him and adoring Sungho. They even cheered on his mysterious troublesome sister, Kim Yuna, who was the main love interest for the protagonist, Seo Jeongsuk.

It all started when Kim Jaehyung ended up first appearing in the public more frequently after the villain in the novel started to attend Kings Academy.

He remembered the date specifically because it was also the day the villian and the main character first met up. Right now, Jaehyung was a few months from when the novel officially started. Except, the only thing was is that he was already officially exposed to the public after getting injured on a terrorist elemental attack.

It gave Jaehyung such a headache. When he read Arise, it was easy to skip over all the information that he had read because it was a story, but now that it had applied to real life, he wished he had analyzed and read it more properly.

The world in Arise was a world where people had energy called the elementals. It wasn't a very original plot written by the author of Arise but it was at least self-explanatory.

Only a few people had energy powers and those special people ended up training their powers in order to help and empower whatever purpose they had in mind. A lot of people on Earth relied on the people who had elemental gifts but some also feared them too. Nonetheless, it was considered a blessing to receive the elemental gift.

The elemental consisted of water, fire, earth, air, shadow and light. There were also subcategories underneath each elemental. Fire was the most common with air being second. The most rarest elemental gifts were light and shadow.

The cliché was getting obvious. The main character and the villain of the story had opposing elementals. Seo Jeongsuk had light attributes while Kim Jaehyung had shadow.

Light and dark elementals were considered the creator and destruction elementals. The absolute most feared yet most loved. The Kim Jaehyung in the novel had a subcategory in the shadow unit, which was hallucinations, a shadow power that could manipulate the minds of others by creating a powerful hallucination that was near realistic unless one could look closely. The villain could also extinguish the powers of others, sometimes extinguishing it completely if the elemental of the person was weak.

Seo Jeongsuk however, had the pure light elemental. Whatever subcategory underneath the light elemental could be easily controlled by Jeongsuk should he had been trained properly. The only problem was, he only discovered and awakened his powers a few months prior to the novel beginning, which led to an immediate acceptance into Kings Academy.

Seo Jeongsuk was a special case. Normally people would have awakened their powers immediately after birth or until the age of seven. However, Jeongsuk ended up with his power at the age of eighteen. His awakening would start in a week from now.

Jaehyung smiled suddenly. He had only entered into this world for five days and he still couldn't shake the feeling that one day he would have awaken back into his world, a world where nobody glanced at him twice and cared about him at all. However, now he was in a novel, Jaehyung supposed he could have a little bit of fun.

After researching the world for countless days nonstop, Jaehyung could finally feel confident about his memory of the novel. Indeed, he had taken down notes on a journal and laptop he had in memory of all the events that had happened and the characters in it.

He finally felt confident to go outside.