04: The New Girl

Taehyung greeted you all with his boxy smile as usual, but what was different was that he was with someone.

"Ahh, after all these years, he finally had a girlfriend," said Yeonjun.

"What? Me? Girlfriend? No!" the girl beside Taehyung spoke.

"Oh, so he really isn't straight," you said, joking.

Taehyung frowned. "Shut your damn mouth, you two."

"He didn't deny it," the girl whispered.

"You know what-" Taehyung began, then suddenly pushed the girl out of sight. Though this was done as a joke, the girl was found stumbling and falling on the hard ground.

"That there, is my little sister, Kim Miya. The rotten potato of the family." said Taehyung.

"You're a bitch." Miya mumbled as she helped herself get up.

"I know, thank you." Taehyung said with sass. Anyway, these here are (from left to right) Soobin, Taehyun, Beomgyu, Y/N, (he forgot Yeonjun) and Kai."

...

"Oh! And here's-"

"Hi, I'm Choi Yeonjun" Yeonjun winked at Miya and extended his hand.

Miya smiled and was about to shake it when she suddenly paused. You noticed that she saw your arm still clinging to Yeonjun's. But, instead of removing it, you held it tighter, with a smile.

Beomgyu and Soobin noticed this, but they just stood there trying to hold their laughter. You widened your eyes signaling them to stop so you won't laugh too.

"Um... I'm Kim Miya..." she said awkwardly, turning her glare back to Yeonjun.

"Well, nice to meet you, Miya! Are you new? 'Cause I think I haven't seen you on campus before." Soobin said, trying to make the atmosphere less awkward.

"Yeah, she just transferred to our school yesterday," Taehyung explained.

"Well, you're in luck! You get to go on a field trip on your first day of school!" you said gleefully.

"Y-yeah, I'm kind of excited, actually!" Miya replied.

"I'm sure the class would be happy to have you," said Yeonjun, his charming smile showing.

The conversation moved on for a little while, until Miya spoke.

"If you don't mind me asking, Yeonjun." said Miya.

"Hmm?" replied Yeonjun.

"Is Y/N... Your girlfriend?"

There was silence.

You nudged him. "Say something,"

"Y-yeah," Yeonjun continued.

"I have a girlfriend."

There was silence, once again.

"But I thought you guys were just friends?" Taehyung asked, surprised.

"YEONJUN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?" you whisper-shouted.

"Just play the part, will ya?" Yeonjun replied.

"I know where this is going..." Beomgyu said, suspicious.

"Shut up," you and Yeonjun said to him in unison.

"Uhhh... Yeah! He... He just asked me out yesterday..." you said, trying your best to act like you were not pretending.

"Oh..." said Miya awkwardly. "Well, I better get in! Bye!"

She went on the bus. Taehyung also bid goodbye after that. It was just the six of you left.

"CHOI YEONJUN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?! I AM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!! AND I WILL NEVE-"

He cut you off by putting his hand your on mouth, and you bit him out of frustration.

"AGHH!" he yelped.

"You asked her out without our permission?" Soobin said, confused.

"sHUSH HYUNG! DON'T SPOIL THE DRAMA," Hueningkai squeaked.

"All of you, shut up." Yeonjun fiercely ordered.

The others just laughed and started getting inside the bus, but with your fast grabing skills, you grabbed Taehyun's hand.

"Yah! Taehyun! Aren't you gonna stop this?" you looked at Taehyun, with eyes begging for help.

"You aren't dragging me into this, Hwang," he swiftly said.

You looked at him, annoyed. "If you don't help me, you're ugly."

"Guess I'm ugly then. Bye!" Taehyun replied with a chuckle as he went inside.

...

You then faced Yeonjun with an annoyed look on your face. "Explain."

Yeonjun gulped first before explaining. "Okay.. so... I like Miya..."

"We just met her 5 minutes ago!" you shouted.

"I know that!" Yeonjun squeaked.

You groaned in frustration.

"Please Y/N, just hear me out!" Yeonjun said cutely, holding your arm tightly.

"I hate you so much..." you frowned. "Ok fine! Spill!"

"Yay!" he said. "Anyway, ir seems like she's also into me, so I wanna make her jealous by saying that you're my girlfriend." Yeonjun explained. "When she gets jealous and admits that she has feelings for me, then I'll tell her I have feelings for her too! Nice plan, right?"

"So it's like temporary love?" A little Ningkai suddenly interrupted.

"What kind of plan is that?" Beomgyu laughed, appearing beside Kai.

"Why are you two still here?" Yeonjun asked, but they just giggled.

"We're not here, were hallucinations. Now go on, continue." Beomgyu sassed, and you laughed at this.

"Get on the bus. NOW." Yeonjun demanded.

Jeez, he acts like a mature brother to the others but when he's with me he acts like he's 5.

The two just quickly went inside, still giggling.

"So...?" Yeonjun looked at you with hopeful eyes.

"That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard!" you shouted. "You're gonna use me, just to win a girl's heart!?"

"I'm not gonna use you!" Yeonjun defended.

"Oh come on. Can you just tell her that you have feelings for her then, BAAM! You're already together. I'm sure she won't be able to resist you." you said.

He stared at you, and you gave up teasing.

"Okay... But what's in it for me?" you said blankly.

"So, get this, next week, and NEXT WEEK ONLY, I will not disturb you on the weekends, and do everything you want on the weekdays," Yeonjun said.

"OooOOoooHHhH," you said, relieved and honestly impressed by his answer.

"So, you'll say yes?" Yeonjun asked with a rather annoying yet irresistible smile.

"Ughhh," you responded. "Fine! You better keep your word or else I'll tell your mom you broke her precious mug from Hong Kong."

"Pfft. It's not like I break my promises," Yeonjun proudly stated.

"Oh, don't you?" you said.

I have been with this clown for so long, doesn't he realize I already know this kind of attitude of his?

"Fine... I promise not to break... my promise... That sounds weird but yeah." Yeonjun replied, his face trying to look promising.

"Ok. And I promise not to do anything stupid," you replied.

"Deal!"

This better work, Choi Yeonjun...

You two went inside the bus.