01: Annoying Best Friend

It all started on a normal Saturday morning for you. It was all peaceful when-

"YOOOO!" he shouted, busting the door open.

And there goes my peaceful free time. It was fun while it lasted.

"What do you want this time?" you said as you threw the book you were reading.

"Nothing. I just got bored at home so I decided to hang out here," said Choi Yeonjun, your best friend since grade school. He was smiling, looking extra cheerful because it was a Saturday.

You have known that face ever since the first day of 1st grade - - well - - you were struggling to tie your shoelaces, then there was this boy who had a lollipop in his mouth, and helped you. He seemed to act all professional, just because he knew how to tie shoes and you didn't.

You were a shy kid back then, but when you became closer to Yeonjun, you had more friends and you two would always hang out.

Yeonjun jumped on your bed and laid down.

"We just saw each other yesterday, why are you here again?" you said while hitting him with a pillow, and he reached for a stuffed toy and used it to smack you too.

Because of all those years spending time with Yeonjun, you found him funny and cool, but also playful and childish. And to get back at him, you act mean and sarcastic - - playfully.

"Just to bug you, of course," he joked while looking at the book you were reading.

"Hey, would you like to go to the dump?" you suddenly asked. You just received a very weird stare from him.

"Why would you even say that? That's disgusting!" stormed Yeonjun.

"I don't know, I just randomly thought of it," You chuckled. "But seriously, we can't just hang out in here all day. Where would you like to go?"

"I don't know... How about... We go to the milk tea shop!" he said excitedly.

"Milk tea before breakfast? Sounds a bit weird for me," you stated.

"You haven't eaten yet? It's already 10 am!" Yeonjun asked, now rolling all over your bed.

"Nope. I was finishing my book when you suddenly showed up parading like a gorilla,"

Though it's not new for you. He's always been like this -- invading your personal space -- and looking like a gorilla.

But you noticed the cheeky smirk that Yeonjun did after you said that. He suddenly went closer to your face. So close that your will nose almost touched his. You were startled but you didn't want him to notice it so you just stared at him.

don't come closer you oversized lemon head

You didn't say a word and kept your mouth shut.

"Gorilla, huh?" He asked, smirking, not even deciding to move. You couldn't take this anymore so you reached for your book and shoved it into his face.

"Haha!! You should have seen the look on your face!!" you laughed, and it irritated him more.

"HEY! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! MY FACE HURTS!!" Yeonjun screamed.

"Serves you right! Now get up and stop being a man-baby." You said with sass while fixing your bed, dragging Yeonjun to the living room.

"Honestly, why do you always have to be so rude to me?" He frowned while you just rolled your eyes.

"It's because that face of yours gives me a headache," you dramatically stared at him.

"Y/N, don't be rude to Yeonjun. He's your friend." a calm voice spoke up. It was your mother.