Chapter 5 - new accommodation

Y/n POV
My eyes opened slowly as I woke up, yawning loudly and trying to stretch my back without injuring my arm but- "OW" I yelled as a jolt of pain came from my arm. "stupid broken arm" I cursed aloud. I sat up on the edge of the bed and began to get up and walk towards the bathroom to go have a shower and realised no clothes, shit so I decided to skip having a shower and had breakfast instead.

Once I finished eating I went back into the room and grabbed my shoes before putting them on and grabbing my wallet. I began to walk towards the front door as I heard a knock. I answered the door and saw john jeez he's tall I thought to myself noticing how tall he actually was when not in the cop car. "Morning Y/n, picked these up for you" He said handing me some clothes, a security guard uniform and a toothbrush, "huh? Thanks, but how did you get these?" I asked confused as I thought everything burned. He just chuckled and said "well they were covered in ash and all so I got my misses to clean them for you and they weren't burned due to them being outside, on the washing line." He noticed my look go even more confused, "What's up?" He asked again, "I didn't put any of my clothing on the washing line ._." I said kinda worried about who else was in my house. "Heh who knows? Maybe the guy that torched your house did something nice in return" He said laughing a bit. I smiled and laughed a bit, "Anywho, thanks John, I appreciate you and your wife for doing this" I said and he just nodded and smiled "well anywho my shift is over for now, I'll see you later Y/n, have a good day" He said before walking away and exiting the building.

As John drove off I decided I would now take a shower with the acquired clothing, that John had given me and brush my teeth afterwards. I stepped into the shower, the warm water hitting me, droplets slowly passing my scars from when I was younger, my arm stinging at the slight movements of me trying to get myself cleaned, "Damn uncleanliness" I said scrubbing non-existent dirt off of me. "Why won't it come off!" I yelled as blood slowly began to show through the grazed and slightly cut skin, "There we go" as the imaginary dirt disappeared from my body.

After a good while in the shower I got dressed, brushed my teeth and headed out to the shopping district to try and pick up a bit more clothing and food. I went from shop to shop, none selling anything I'd willingly wear, like cmon NEON yellow tops?! I thought to myself ignoring the sections of clothes that I know wouldn't fit my lanky build. I managed to find some jeans and track suit bottom that fit me, I grabbed a belt and went to the counter, "That'll be £68.99 please." Said the Employee I handed her £70 and carried on out of the store in look for food.

Timeskip 2 hours

Finally! I mentally cursed as I opened the door to the apartment, almost collapsing as I dragged the bags into the house (note there's 8). As I get them to the living room I let go of them, panting and sweating from the struggle and lack of buses in the area. "For a shopping district you'd think they'd have a bus station or bus stops." I said aloud in a tone of distaste. I walked into the bathroom and took off my top, and had a quick wash and put some deodorant on. And then I decided to put everything away.

After I put everything away, I grabbed some ingredients from the cupboard and began making me some lunch and snacks for work tonight. Whilst cooking I received a phone call, causing me to jump at the sudden ringing which made me throw the spoon out of the window and a yell coming from down below, "Well shittttt...." I said aloud, hoping the grumpy fellow/lass doesn't come to beat my as. I grabbed the phone "Hello?" I said, no one replied besides a giggle. "Ok....creepy" I said aloud and began to pull the phone away from my ear, "Don't.Hang.Up." A voice demanded, I put the phone back to my ear. And why shouldn't I?" I questioned, impatiently. "I want to talk" the female voice again. "Uhhh how about no." I said hanging up.