You Let Her Go ((Chapter 18))

Hayden stood standing as he slowly lowered the gun. I blinked a few times in disbelief. After I regained control of my body, I quickly dived to my knees trying to revive the teacher.

"Please James. I need you!" My eyes began to get blury. I didn't care anymore. At this point I only hoped Hayden would shoot me too.

James didn't move. He was bleeding out. It was too real... I wiped my head around as I stood up. Blood on my hands and on my knees as a tear streamed down my face. Hayden merely smirked and shrugged.

"What are you going to do without him, Tobie?" He began to walk closer. My heart began to race.

"You lost your high school sweetheart"

"Hayden, you killed an innocent man!" I yelled.

"Maybe if you had just listened to me, maybe I wouldn't of killed that fucking prick." The males smirk became more menacing.

"That wasn't Matt, Hayden..." I stared at him hoping to break him.

The boy laughed.

"Come on now! Pft, n-no. I mean. No." His real laugh now becoming a bit panicky. Maybe he believed me.

By now sirens could be heard. Maybe this would be the end. I only hoped. Hayden ran clearly up to me. His voice was extremely shakey.

"Tobie, I don't want to go to prison! Please help me! We love each other." I shook my head.

"You're Mr. Charming if you seriously think I'm going to help you."

"Drop your weapon!" A police man screamed.

Hayden stared at me as his weary eyes turned red with anger. The gun now raised to my forehead.

Soft gasps came over the police and witnesses behind them. I merely smiled.

"Do it, Hayden. Forever you'll sit behind prison bars knowing you killed an innocent man. Men in prison will beat the living shit out of you when they find out you killed your EX Girlfriend. Even if I don't make it out alive, I hope you live. I hope you live in the hell you have created here on earth." My words came out like burning fire. I couldn't keep up with what I was saying. At this point I was just provoking him.

He stared at me as his finger began to slowly push the down on the trigger. My heart dropped. This was the end...

"I'm sorry." He said as he dropped the gun and raised his hands. My mouth opened wide as I gasped breathing fast. I couldn't believe he did that. The police moved in as they handcuffed him and took him to the car. Hayden looked back. He only stared. My attention drew away from him as a cop came to ask me questions.

"We need to put you in protective services. For at least a week. Until we know more."

I didn't understand it but I nodded anyway. He continued saying for this case I needed a cop watching me but and I had to be with someone older then me. He followed by asking if I knew anyone I could stay with. My heart began to beat faster.

"Matt Dawns, sir." I lied. He would be the most obvious person I would stay with but, I needed to see him.