And When It Rains (Chapter 19)

The police man drove me to Matt's. It was only a matter of time before I saw him. The man got out of his car and opened my door. I smiled and thanked him. We both walked up to Matt's door and knocked.

Silence fell as I began thinking. Is he even home? Will he open the door if he saw a police officer? I began to get anxiety but, the door opened.

Matt smiled and said a kind hello. He had no idea what was going on but, he didn't panic.

"Sir, a fellow friend of yours, James Nole has passed away due to a tragic event caused by man that knew Tobie." He explained. I stared up at the officer. I didn't want to see Matt's reaction.

Matt's eyes widened as he was in total disbelief. He knew it was Hayden.

"Tobie said you would he the best candidate."

"For what...?"

"To live with you. Only for a week. Until we find out more. We just need her safe." The police man smiled a bit as Matt merely nodded. He wasn't sure what to say. As the officer left, Tobie and Matt walked in the house.

"Matt I--"

"Tobie what the fuck happened?"

I told him the story. Not leaving out a single detail.

"He pointed the gun at you? I can't believe you left him during that time, Tobie. You could of been killed!" His voice was extremely weak.

"I could of lost you." Matt continued. He began to pace back and and forth.

"I know we've had a past of romance and I know we moved on in relationships but Tobie, I never stopped caring. I have always missed you." He took me by the shoulder. I couldn't speak or breath. I didn't know what to do. I weakly smiled.

He stared at me.

"Did you... Do you feel this way...?" Matt asked.

I stared at him with the same dedication he had as I slowly nodded.

"I came here didn't I?" His face lightened up as a smile over came his face.

"I love you, Tobie." The male said bluntly.

"I'm sorry this happened to you and to James, Rest In Peace but, you're here and that's what matters." Matt kissed my forehead as he got closer starring straight in my eyes again.

"No matter what happens. Just know I will always be here for you. If we belong together or not. I want you to be happy."

My bottom lip quivered as tears roled down my face. Instantly my arms rapped around him.

"I'm alive..." My thoughts began to regain emotions. I was too in shock but, now I understood the issue. I was alive. After the months and years I've been trying to kill myself and end it, I came out alive. I never thought I'd be thankful for that. But, I couldn't help but thank anything that saved my life. I was so happy to be alive.

--

the funeral of James Nole took place that next Wednesday. Everyone from that school came to pay their respects. Crying from every corner of the room made Tobie feel guilty. It was some what of her fault. But, No one blamed her. No one but herself. That was the last she ever heard about James. His picture hung in the main hallway of the school. No one touched it. New students didn't bother to read it. But, the teachers including Matt would always remember him. James was one of the sweetest teachers that school has ever seen. But, everything has to come to an end.