Broken Face (Chapter 15)

We woke up around 9am.

I logged onto Facebook once more to get his address.

I got dressed in a black skirt and a dark blue blouse.

"And you're sure I look cute?"

"You forget I'm in fashion." She said holding her baby. His name was Xavier.

He reached over trying to grab me. I giggled and took him from her.

Ready for your hair to be done?

I looked over at her,

"Pardon?"

"Your hair! I'm curling it. Put him down." She smiled.

I set him down and sat in a folding chair. She started to curl it.

As she curled every layer and piece, I grabbed my eyeliner.

"No." She said smacking it out of my hand.

"What? I think I can do my own makeup." I said irritated.

"I'm doing your makeup. You wear way to much eyeliner. You don't even wear mascara." She said starting on the next layer of my hair.

I sighed a bit.

"Okay."

She pulled the curling iron away from my hair and smiled at the job she had done.

"Well?" She gave me a small mirror.

She did an excellent job. My hair had never been this good. I didn't even know my own hair could do THAT!

She took her makeup bag out of her purse. Her makeup back looked as if it was going to burst. It also looked very powdery.

She started to rub my face with foundation. I tried to hold still but this was all so new to me. I closed my eyes tightly and tightened my lips.

She put some sparkly gold eye shadow on me. It blended very nicely. My eyelashes were huge and my eyeliner looked barley there. I was more impressed.

"Damn, that looks good." I said as I smiled up at her through the mirror.

"I knew you'd like it!" She said happily.

We all got into the car. She drove to his house with Xavier singing to random songs that came on.

I got out and smiled.

"Thanks for the ride."

"Don't worry about it! Call me when you want me to come get you. Love you!" She sped off before I could reply.

I turned to the house and took a large breath. I eased myself over to the door and knocked softly hoping he wouldn't hear and come to the door.

But...

He opened it with a huge grin on his face.

I starred up at him.

He opened the door as he welcomed me in.