a belated ending note

i could probably get away with saying i had no intention of writing a note at the end of this book when i finished it back in august, but then i'd be lying. and lying is bad.

the truth i: i forgot. (sorry?)

so here i am, three months later, probably giving some poor schmuck false hope until they properly look at the title, squint, wipe their imaginary glasses and look again. alas, i have no plans for a sequel for Super - not right now, at least, but knowing me and my committment issues, i'd advise you not to hold out hope.

i just wanted to say thank you.

for supporting this wacky story with dodgy characters and shoddy worldbuilding, as well as my first real attempt at creating a world that was entirely my own. well, you know what they say: editing is key. not that i'm even close to starting a second draft on this one yet.

anyway. the amount of love and support my characters have recieved for this story is truly phenomenal. going by general reads and votes, this has been my least popular book so far, but in terms of impact, i think it outweighs even rush and hunt. the reality of these characters, the way they have resonated with you, have made me realize how much work and love i put into them. they matter to me more than any tattoo-wielding biker, even if they're part of a slightly dysfunctional superhero team working under a very questionable belief.

as for the future of Super: right now, it doesn't have one (lol). i do have some extra chapters stashed away somewhere, but considering my current level of motivation and willingness to work i wouldn't ask you to expect them anytime soon, if ever. 

however, if you're still hungry for the good old superhero fic, there's only one thing i have to offer, which is Playing Hero, my new spiderman!vernon fic. it's not completely my own as it's more of a marvel crossover, but heroes are heroes, amirite? i have big things in store for it, and it's my biggest writing project at the moment. so...maybe, if you wanna, check it out?

as for the rest, well. a lot has happened in three months, but i'm too choked-up with my own responsibilities right now, so that is a tale for another day. in the meantime, i hope you haven't forgotten about me, because i'm still very much alive and in action.

until next time.

love, 
manx.

p.s. i miss irene too.