Chapter 38

"Did not think we'd be back in space so soon." Mon-El said as he and Kara sat in the new command chairs that Brainy had installed into the Legion Ship as they flew to the coordinates Novu had given them.

"Neither did I, but we need to check out this planet Novu told us about before we give its location to the rest of our people, since who knows, maybe this could serve as a safe haven for the Daxamites too." Kara said to her husband.

"Maybe, but let's agree that after this, we stay on earth for a while. At least until our honeymoon." Mon-El said and Kara smiled.

"Agreed. While I think we should have at least a small part of it on Earth so that we have pictures to show any normal friends we might make, I think we should spend most of it offworld so that we can fully enjoy our honeymoon and not risk being distracted by our duties." Kara said and Mon-El smiled.

"Agreed." Mon-El said as the computers beeped, indicating that they'd arrived as the ship dropped out of lightspeed.

"What Star System are we in?" Kara asked her husband as he checked.

"It looks like we're in the Karvas System." Mon-El said.

"I've never even heard of that system." Kara said as Mon-El checked the records.

"That's because it's in deep space, so deep that its existence wouldn't be known to any database of this time period. The only reason the Legion ship recognized it is because." Mon-El said.

"It's from the future." Kara said.

"Exactly." Mon-El said.

"Well, we shouldn't have to worry about any threats finding our people here then." Kara said, as the planet came into view.

"I swear I'm hallucinating, because that planet looks exactly like Krypton." Mon-El said. Before his wife could respond, they were hit by some kind of blast.

"What was that?" Kara asked as a voice came over the comms.

"Attention unknown spacecraft, you are traveling through restricted space. You have two minutes to leave or be boarded." The robotic voice said as they saw another craft approach them.

"Sounds like the planet is already inhabited." Mon-El said.

"Then why would Novu send us here?" Kara asked, though the ship's design looked somewhat familiar to her.

Before she could ponder it any further, the ship shook as they heard the sounds of the other ship docking with theirs.

"Let's go see what this is about and then see if we can pound an explanation out of Novu about why he sent us here." Kara said and Mon-El nodded as they headed to the cargo hold.

They arrived at the cargo bay just in time to watch the doors get forced open and they saw two heavily armed individuals step on board the ship.

"I'd drop your weapons if I were you." Kara said.

"You invaded our space." one of the boarders, a man, said.

"Besides, you don't even have weapons." The second boarder, this one a woman, said.

"I think you'll find that my wife doesn't need a weapon." Mon-El said dryly as Kara's eyes flared and she blasted both weapons with ease.

It was only then that the woman noticed the glyph on her chest.

"Who are you that makes you think you are worthy to bear the crest of the great house of El?" the woman demanded, taking Kara aback.

"I am a member of the house of El. How do you even know of it all the way out here?" Kara demanded.