Chapter 23

"Lena, you made it." Kara said, relieved to see her friend back on her feet as Lena entered the hospital waiting room.

"I was actually here earlier today getting the all clear. It seems like just when the Superfriends get one back, we lose another." Lena said.

"Actually, we've also gained another." Kara said, though she didn't disagree with Lena's statement.

"Who?" Lena asked.

"We found Brainy at the Cadmus facility. Winn and Nia are with him at the Tower, trying to reboot him, since J'onn restored his memories while he was unconscious." Kara said.

"I'll head over there later to see if I can help Winn, since while I know Winn probably has more experience with that sort of thing due to his time in the future, I might still be able to help." Lena said.

"Actually, I want you to focus on helping Alex." Kara said.

"What do you mean?" Lena asked.

"The real Hank Henshaw did a lot of damage to Alex's body, she's paralyzed." Kara said.

"You want to use the harun-el to cure her." Lena said.

"Not just that, but I want to give Alex real powers, especially if she insists on continuing to do this. She's gotten incredibly lucky up until now, but honestly, it feels like her luck is starting to run out. If she wants to get back in the field with the Superfriends, then I want her to have a better chance at defending herself." Kara said.

"I get that, but Kara, while the serum would give Alex kryptonian powers, she'd need to take repeated injections of it in order to maintain its stability." Lena said.

"Not if my dad refines your formula. He knows even more about the Harun-El than you do, considering he used it to create the shield that protected Argo." Kara said and Lena nodded.

"Alright, only one dose, after that, I want J'onn to wipe any trace of that formula from my memories." Lena said.

"Wait, what?" Kara asked.

"Kara, I've lost track of how many times my work has been stolen and used against both of us. The lead dispersal device was stolen by the Children of Liberty, who used it to poison our air to you and your cousin, both Lex and Ben Lockwood stole the harun-el to use against us, it's too much of a risk. I trust your father with that formula, but honestly, as long as it exists in human memories, there's always a chance that it could fall into the wrong hands." Lena said.

"You really have learned from your mistakes haven't you?" Kara asked.

"Yes. I know now that there are some things that shouldn't be created, no matter what the intentions behind them were, since they could always be used for evil." Lena said.

"Okay then." Kara agreed.

"Good. So, where is your dad staying?" Lena asked.

"He and my mom are staying in the living quarters in the Tower, though they should be here soon." Kara said.

"What about Eliza?" Lena asked.

"I asked Superman to pick her up." Kara said.

"You mean Clark Kent?" Lena asked smugly.

"How did you?" Kara asked.

"Honestly Kara, after I learned your identity, it was pretty easy for me to put the pieces together. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that Lex and my mother haven't put it together. And don't worry, I won't say a world." Lena promised.

"I know. I trust you Lena. It's Clark who might not." Kara said.

"That's understandable, but I will get him to trust me." Lena said.