Chapter 31

Alex was surprised when she opened the door to her apartment to find Lena waiting for her.

"Lena, can I help you?" Alex asked.

"I need to talk to you about something." Lena said.

"And you came to me instead of Kara?" Alex asked.

"This is something that I feel would honestly be easier to talk to you about then her." Lena said.

"Okay then, come on in." Alex said as she showed Lena in.

"Is Kelly here?" Lena asked, since Kelly had moved in shortly after Alex's accident.

"No, she's visiting James in Calvintown." Alex said.

"How are you feeling? Is the harun-el working?" Lena asked.

"Well, the fact that I'm walking again says yes. Though it would be a lot easier if J'onn and Kara would take off this stupid dampener." Alex said as she glared at the device locked on her wrist.

"Well, I'm sure you'll be done with it in no time." Lena said and now Alex could tell that Lena was trying to avoid something.

"Okay, enough small talk. Want to tell me why you're here?" Alex asked her.

"I do, it's just hard." Lena said.

"Do tell." Alex said.

"You know my friend Andrea Rojas?" Lena asked.

"Your new boss until Kara exposes Lex?" Alex asked, since Lena had gone to work for Obsidian after Lex fired her.

"Yeah, but anyways, I've been spending a lot of time with Andrea, not just at work, but outside of it too and honestly, ever since I woke up in this reality, I've been having these strange feelings towards." Lena said and Alex smiled as she now understood why Lena had come to her and not Kara.

"What kind of feelings?" Alex asked, even though she was pretty sure she already knew.

"I can't describe them exactly. Honestly, it's something like what I once felt for James and Jack Spheer, but stronger." Lena said.

"And you're wondering if I ever felt something similar?" Alex asked and Lena nodded.

"Honestly, yes. Though it was a lot harder for me to realize exactly what it was. It first started when I met Maggie and she helped me realize that I'm gay." Alex said as she looked at Lena.

"And now I think I might at least be bi." Lena said for the first time and Alex could she seemed lighter now that she'd gotten it off her chest.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of Lena." Alex said.

"I know, and I'm not. I'm just confused on whether these are my feelings or the feelings of my counterpart of this universe." Lena said.

"Well, I think that you just have to ask yourself if you've ever had any feelings like this before the crisis." Alex said, though honestly, she'd always had her suspicions about Lena, ever since she came out herself.

Lena thought about it for a moment before she had her answer.

"The answer is both. Honestly, I think I've had these feelings for Andrea since we met back at boarding school. I think that's why I was so hurt when she betrayed me." Lena said.

"Yeah, I know the feeling. I had a very similar revelation about a childhood friend when I first came out. But Lena, now that you've at least come out to me, you need to decide what to do next. I won't lie and say that coming out is easy, I mean, it was extremely hard for me when I came out to my mom and Kara, but life did become easier after I did." Alex said.

"The difference is that you already knew that the girl you liked was gay, while honestly, while I know that Andrea has no problem with homosexuality or bisexuality or whatever I am, I have no way of knowing if she even likes girls that way." Lena said.

"You could ask J'onn to help you with that." Alex reminded her.

"Yeah no thanks. I mean, don't get me wrong, J'onn is great, but I really don't need him interfering in something like that." Lena said and Alex laughed.

"Don't worry, I get it. But then your only option is to actually talk to Andrea." Alex said.

"I know. I wish I could give myself mind reading abilities so I could just read her mind myself." Lena said.

"So you're okay reading her thoughts yourself?" Alex asked and Lena chuckled.

"Don't judge me. Like you don't wish you could read Kelly's thoughts." Lena said.

"Fair enough." Alex said.

"You know, I think this is the most amount of time we've spent together without Kara acting as an intermediary." Lena said.

"I guess you're not so bad after all." Alex said and Lena chuckled.

"I guess not." Lena agreed.

"So, what are you going to do?" Alex asked.

"I think that before I come out to anyone else, I need to talk to Andrea, no matter how uncomfortable I am with the idea." Lena said.

"I agree. I promise I won't say a word to anyone until after you talk to her." Alex said.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." Lena said, right as both their phones went off with a message from Kara, get to the Tower.

"Guess that talk will have to wait." Alex said and Lena nodded as they both got up and left.