Chapter 18

When Kara, J'onn and M'yrnn arrived at the Fortress of Solitude, M'yrnn looked around the Fortress in awe, since he'd never seen it before.

"This place is truly incredible." M'yrnn said and Kara smiled.

"Yes it is. Clark told me that he built this place to have a bit of our old home in our new home. Of course, that was before we knew about Argo, but still, this place is truly beautiful." Kara agreed, right as Kelex approached.

"Hello Kara Zor-El, may I ask why you've brought Martians into the Fortress. I am preparing to execute Martian Protocol." Kelex said.

"Do it and I'll blast you. You are to give J'onn J'onzz and M'yrnn J'onzz guest level clearance." Kara said, her eyes lighting up.

"Of course lady Kara. How may I assist you today?" Kelex asked.

"Prepare the Phantom Zone projector to locate Malefic J'onzz and bring him here. And lockdown the fortress to ensure he cannot escape." Kara said.

"As you wish Lady Kara." Kelex said.

"Thank you for your help Kara." J'onn said.

"You're welcome, but how do you plan to get Malefic to let you enter his mind. I seem to recall that trying to force your way in could kill you both." Kara said.

"By apologizing to him and offering him a way into my mind. Once the connection is established, it can't be stopped. When he enters my mind, I will be able to enter and restore his." J'onn said and Kara nodded.

"I am here if you need my help." Kara said and J'onn nodded at her gratefully.

"Thank you." J'onn said as they walked up to the projector, where Kelex was waiting.

"Have you located the target?" Kara asked.

"I have." Kelex said and Kara took a deep breath.

"Anti martian escape protocols are in effect correct?" Kara asked, since she had no intention of letting Malefic leave the Fortress until she was sure his threat was neutralized.

"Yes, the fortress is sealed and is vibrating at a frequency Kal-El discovered is impossible for any martian to phase through." Kelex said.

"Good. Now, turn the projector on." Kara said as she took a deep breath as Kelex turned on the projector.

About a second later, Malefic J'onzz exited the portal.

"So you have finally released me brother." Malefic asked in their native tongue.

"Yes, to atone for what I did to you. I am so sorry Mal. And to make it up to you." J'onn said as he knelt down.

"What are you doing?" Malefic asked.

"I am letting you into my mind." J'onn said in English for Kara's benefit.

"Why would you do such a thing?" Malefic asked.

"Because it is the only way that I know you will believe my words are true." J'onn said as he stood up and let Malefic approach him.

"How do you know that I won't just kill you?" Malefic asked.

"I don't. But I'm hoping that when you see my remorse, you will forgive me." J'onn said as Malefic placed his hand on J'onn's temple, initiating the bond, but before he could make a move, J'onn quickly restored his brother's memories before pulling away.

"J'onn." Malefic said, all anger leaving him as he looked at his brother.

"Hello brother. It is good to see you again." J'onn said as the two of them hugged.