[17] "I'm working on changing."

Start from the beginning

He heard London winced. He popped one eye open and saw her standing over him, scrutinizing his face.

"I look f*cked up, I know."

"You deserve it. Pervert."

He groaned. Great. "So she knows and told you?"

"Yup." She sat on the bed beside him. "I can't believe you would watch her -"

"I already got a lecture from Theodore the great. I get it, I shouldn't have looked." But he couldn't stop himself. All day images of Nevaeh were going through his mind. He couldn't escape from it. When he saw Desiree sitting on the couch, he welcomed the distraction. "Can I be real with you?"

"Of course," London replied. She got comfortable on the bed. "What's on your mind?"

"When I was standing there watching Vay, I didn't think of her as my best friend. I saw a whole nother side to her." His voice was low, full of confusion.

"Can I be honest with you?"

"No doubt."

"I don't know what took you so long to see it. I could always see something between you and her seeping between the cracks."

"With her and Teddy too." Whenever he saw them together he could see the chemistry flow between them.

"Yeah," London replied honestly. "I'm not going to lie. The three of you have a funny relationship. You know that."

"But it's always worked." He thought about them growing up together. They were called the three amigos as kids and were always attached to one another. Things got a little weird in middle school though. "She was my first kiss," Sammie confessed.

London shot up in bed. "What!"

Sammie smiled when he thought of the memory. "I put on a show and pretended it wasn't a big deal but my lil ass was nervous as hell. I bit her lip."

London giggled. "What did she say?"

"I acted like I meant to do it."

More laughter filled his room. "Are you serious!"

Sammie pushed London off of the bed.

"Sammie!" she shouted.

He chuckled.

London murmured a few curse words and got back on the bed. "Why didn't ya'll date back then?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. After we got to high school the girls were flocking my way so..."

"So you became a hoe?"

"I'm working on changing. I got rid of the roster." Grow up a little. Nevaeh's words had cut deep. "I want to prove to her that I'm a good guy."

London was staring at him as if he had two heads.

"What?" he questioned.

"I love seeing this soft side of you."

He smirked. "Give me minute and I let you see something hard."

London slapped him on the nose. He yelled in pain. "Damn Lo!"

"You need to tell her."

He held his nose. "Naw and you better not either." It came out squeaky then be wanted.

"Sammie look at me."

He faced London.

"Tell her, you won't be sorry. Don't settle for Desiree if the girl you really want wants you back."