[23] "I won't wait."

Monday morning

"You're a dirty bitch, Avery Rice."

Well that was good way to start the morning, being called names by Sierra Coleman.

Avery rubbed the sleep from her eyes and yawned. Standing in front of her were the three women she considered her best friends. Sierra, Sydney and Johari. She could see parts of their future but didn't know they would be popping up on her doorstep so early in the morning.

"Good morning," she replied after yawning again. "Come on in, the kids just left for school." She stepped back and opened the door wider. She closed it after the three ladies crossed the threshold.

They followed Avery into the kitchen where there was a pot of coffee made. She poured and handed out mugs to the girls and made one for herself. Thank God for her husband, Avery thought to herself as she took a sip. She sat at the kitchen bar and waited for the ladies to speak their minds.

"Did you know?" Sydney asked.

"About the party?" They nodded their head. "I knew that they were going to have friends over but I didn't expect it to get so out of control. I can't see everything but when I got the first glimpse of how bad it was, I went over there."

"Why didn't you call us?" Johari questioned.

"I didn't want to ruin your get away and because I knew you would find out on your own. I can't mess with fate, it ends up causing a ripple effect."

"But we're your friends," Johari argued.

"More like family," Sydney added.

Now she felt bad. "If you guys wouldn't have seen the video, I would have told you. You know that."

Sierra rolled her eyes. "Mm hmm."

Avery playfully nudged Sierra in the side. "Stop being a dirty bitch," she mocked her.

Sierra smacked her lips. "I'm a clean bitch."

That broke up the little tension that was in the room. Everyone laughed. Avery hopped off her stool and grabbed the ingredients to make some French toast. She was her own boss and didn't have to be in until later. "How was your weekend?" she asked while starting to cook.

"Great until we came home and realized our kids were partying. How are you so calm about it? I'm pissed. I wanted to choke Jayda out when I saw her," Johari stated.

Avery shrugged her shoulders. "They're teenagers, Jo. They're going to experiment and party. It's one of the reasons I went to college so far away from home. To get away from Cynthia."

"I just didn't want my daughter to be like that. When I saw the video, I instantly thought of Destiny." Johari shivered when she thought of the girl that was a nightmare as a teenager. Sydney rubbed her back to comfort her.

"She's not that bad," Avery assured. "Jayda isn't as stupid as Destiny was," Avery assured her. "I met Destiny's daughter. She's beautiful, just like her."

"She is," Sydney agreed. "She's working at the store part time. I think she and Teddy are going to hit it off."

Avery held her tongue. She didn't know what was going on between Teddy, Sammie and her daughter. That's one thing she couldn't get a clear vision on, it changed frequently.

She finished cooking as they talked. After making four plates and French toast, garnished with fruit she gave them each a plate. Sierra wiggled in her seat. "Thanks, I was craving this."