[9] "I would never betray your trust."

Teddy couldn't take his eyes off of Nevaeh. They were in Economics, the only class they had together, and were working taking notes as Mr. Johnson lectured. He was writing down everything that the teacher said but his eyes was focused on the girl beside him.

Nevaeh Nicole

He was still dumbfounded by what he confessed. She liked Sammie? Shit, she liked him before. It was all a big surprise to him. Were there signs that he had missed?

Nevaeh was beautiful. There were no doubt about it but Teddy had never thought of her as more then a friend. He couldn't help wonder what it would be like to be with her.

"Stop staring at me."

Teddy focused back on the teacher. "My bad."

-*-

After class was over, Teddy and Nevaeh walked the halls heading towards their next classes. Sammie came out of nowhere and started walking beside them.

"Where you been nigga?" Sammie asked.

Teddy looked at him sideways. "Where have you been? I was here before school started."

"I was here. Pops took my car to the shop so I caught a ride with Neisha. I came by your crib this morning but you were already gone."

Nevaeh rolled her eyes. "Don't you mean you were riding Neisha?"

"You're just mad because you want a ride," Sammie replied.

Nevaeh started to blush. But Sammie was oblivious to it.

Teddy saw it all.

"Yo, are we still good for this weekend? Our parents are going over to New Orleans, you know we need to throw a party Theodore."

"Okay Samuel," Teddy replied. He had completely forgotten about their plans to do a back to school bash. "We need to sit down and plan it out. Vay you coming?"

"I can't. I'm going over to see the grandparents. Besides the last time I got grounded for fucking around with you two. My mom was waiting up for me when I snuck through window."

"That's whack Vay," Sammie whined. "Who am I going to use to make the other girls jealous?"

"I don't care. Plus I'm still upset with you I don't want to help you."

"What about Teddy?" Sammie stated.

"He apologized and got me flowers. We're good."

Sammie mean mugged Teddy.

"Use one of your chicken heads," Nevaeh replied before slipping into her art class.

Sammie stood in the hallway confused. "Did I sense a little attitude?"

"I believe so." Teddy wasn't going to tell him what Nevaeh said in the closet or about reading the journal. It would just cause problems within their clique. The bell went off and Teddy cursed. "Let's get to class." It was the second time he was late today.

Sammie shook his head and followed Teddy into class. "She must be on her period or somethin," he said still thinking about Nevaeh. He didn't like her in a bad mood.

"Naw that's not it," Teddy informed him.

-*-

Sammie was still thinking about Vay as he sat in class with Teddy. His teacher was rambling about upcoming assignments and he wasn't paying attention.