[22] "I'll wait for you."

Sunday Afternoon

Ethan carried Sierra into the house and closed the door behind them with his foot. He loved his wife but she was heavy.

"You aren't 130 pounds any more Sierra."

She smacked her lips and wrapped her arms tighter around his neck. "What are you trying to say?"

He took her to their bedroom. "That your ass has gotten big."

"Or maybe, you've gotten weaker. I might need to replace -"

Her words transformed into a yelp when Ethan threw her onto the bed.

"Ethan!"

"See that's how we were supposed to end our trip, with you screaming my name."

Sierra grinned at her husband. "Well maybe I can make it up to you." She reached for Ethan and pulled him towards the bed.

"Aren't you two too old? You might break your back trying to get freaky" Sammie stated, walking into the open bedroom.

Ethan laughed, not embarrassed that his son overheard their conversation. "Never."

Sierra jumped up and hugged Sammie. "Hi, baby." She leaned back and looked at his swollen nose. "What happened?"

"I got jumped," he replied. "Some boys decided to beat me up because my parents named me Samuel Francis Coleman."

"Shut up, stupid" Sierra said with a smile. "Does mommy need to beat someone's ass? What really happened?"

He was close and open with his parents but he wasn't going to tell the truth. They loved Nevaeh and would probably be pissed that he was peeking at her while she was getting dressed.

"I ran into a wall." It was the truth, just half of it. Just like he expected, his dad laughed.

"Were you drunk?" Sierra questioned.

"No, Ma." He didn't want to get into it. He was no longer in pain after icing it for hours but he was just waiting on the swelling to go down. He was still upset about the whole Nevaeh - Teddy situation and wanted to get his mind away from it. "How was your trip?"

"It was good. Your grandma and cousins missed you."

"Next time I'll go. It was a boring weekend," Sammie lied.

"Everything was perfect in New Orleans until -" Ethan was interrupted by Sierra. She rushed out of the room and into the bathroom.

"Like I said," he continued, "everything was good until your mom got sick. I think she had some bad seafood at the restaurant."

Sammie could hear his mom emptying out her stomach into the toilet.

"I don't know pops," he pointed to the bathroom, "that is a clear sign that you need to go to the store." He remembered when London got sick with a stomach bug a few months back, Chris panicked until she took a pregnancy test and it came out negative.

"I already got her some medicine."

"Naw, you might need to start buying diapers."

Ethan understood and laughed loudly and then stopped abruptly. He looked at the bathroom door and then back at Sammie. "No, she's just sick." He wanted more than one child but now it was too late. "We're too old for babies."

Sammie nodded his head. "True but didn't Halle Berry have a baby at 46?" He asked as the toilet was flushed.

Ethan mumbled a few curses.